What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shayne Hayne

hitman82

Bench
Man. I threw something at the TV for the first time all season. I am sure the neighbours suspect there were mean domestics going on during that game too. Angry doesn't do it justice.
We were RAPED by that bastard referee today

Couldnt agree more, was the worst performance in a LONG time I have seen.
Maybe he got a new Sanyo tv or something?
Even Gus and Sterlo couldnt believe some of the calls! And when Aussies are saying that, you know you are getting screwed bad!
Great performance by the boys to strive above it!

hitman82

Bench
Getting over Hayne's performance was an incredible feat by the Warriors.
We were certainly ill-disciplined at times, but not 11 - 3 ill-disciplined.
The main issue for me was the bizarre and lop-sided 10 metres he kept. Panthers were certainly given ample room to move.

TheFrog

Coach
Warriors tackled just great today. You guys really deserve your win. Maybe the Warriors can kick on from here, this is a good side. Panthers attack quite stilted. A few howlers by Hayne, most but not all in Panthers favour. The Warriors did hold down in the tackles a bit long but he could have pinched us quite a few times and didn't. I hate when refs referee just one side even when its my side that benefits.

We've been on the wrong end of plenty of similar penalty counts like this. I know how you feel. Good luck with the remainder of your season.

TheFrog

Coach
Even Gus and Sterlo couldnt believe some of the calls! And when Aussies are saying that, you know you are getting screwed bad!

He may have been a Penrith junior, and the club's youngest ever captain, and he may have coached Penrith to its first title, but Gus is no lover of the Panthers.

Rovelli

Bench
An 11-3 penalty count should never be the case in an NRL game unless a side is just that ill-disciplined. At times, the penalties were warranted, but Penrith would get away with the same at the end.

TheFrog

Coach
There was a major falling out around 93 or so when he left mid-season. He was also a major player in the poaching of Fittler while on contract. There has been a mutual hatred ever since.

Micistm

Bench
When the Warriors were pinged-yes, most of them were justified, although some were a bit harsh.
The issue was the prick was only reffing the one side. There were numerous Panthers simply ignored. And it was so obvious something has to be said this week. A team, any team, should not have to put up with such appalling one sided crap. I'm not saying baised-because the eyes roll and the 'Oh, the Paranoid Warriors conspiracy theorists are at it again' start up- But that is the sort of incompetant displays that can cost a team in such a close hard comp, and has to be dealt with by demotion. IMO it was that bad, and I don't say that often

AliN

Live Update Team
Warriors tackled just great today. You guys really deserve your win. Maybe the Warriors can kick on from here, this is a good side. Panthers attack quite stilted. A few howlers by Hayne, most but not all in Panthers favour. The Warriors did hold down in the tackles a bit long but he could have pinched us quite a few times and didn't. I hate when refs referee just one side even when its my side that benefits.

We've been on the wrong end of plenty of similar penalty counts like this. I know how you feel. Good luck with the remainder of your season.

cheers and see your point but some of those penalties were down right pathetic :)

Iafeta

Referee
Some of those calls were disgraceful at best. The 'forward pass' against Lousi was dribble, the head high against Matulino an absolutely pathetic call. On top of that, Henderson and Heremaia were both pulled back to the ground after making half busts up the middle, with no punishment against Penrith. Ivan Cleary said on ABC Radio that he was refereeing one team, I agree entirely.

Gutsy win to overcome that nonsense.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
As hitman has said, it wasn't just the bad calls (and there were plenty), but the massive double standards around the ruck that totally controlled the flow of the game...we were being made to go back 14 metres and getting pinged if we were only back 13, the Panthers were being made to go back 8.

TheFrog

Coach
An 11-3 penalty count should never be the case in an NRL game unless a side is just that ill-disciplined. At times, the penalties were warranted, but Penrith would get away with the same at the end.

Yes, he reffed one side today. It is becoming increasingly common. What is not so common is that the Panthers were the side he didn't ref.

joseph1

Juniors
Great win by the warriors to overcome that, and beat the leaders of the comp at home. Players like Brown, Ta'ai, Heremaia, Maloney have all been revelations this season. With Tate, Rapira, Locke and Seymour to come back we could give some teams some nightmares come finals time. Bring on next week, who are we playing? Better not get Hayne refereeing again.

One Warrior

Bench
I was pleased before the game that we weren't getting Badger, Klein, Sutton, Suttor etc and were finally getting a decent ref, but f**k me that was the most inept one sided refing performance I have seen in a while and thats saying something. Hayne was a f**ken disgrace, I hope Cleary went off in the press conference, it would be worth the fine.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Great win by the warriors to overcome that, and beat the leaders of the comp at home. Players like Brown, Ta'ai, Heremaia, Maloney have all been revelations this season. With Tate, Rapira, Locke and Seymour to come back we could give some teams some nightmares come finals time. Bring on next week, who are we playing? Better not get Hayne refereeing again.

melbourne.

joseph1

Juniors
Interesting. They might be a different proposition now than they were last time. At Ericson I presume? Might have to go and give the rorters some verbal.. Hopefully its cold and wet and The rorters cant be stuffed. Though we do seem to have a wierd rivalry with them.

Some of those calls were disgraceful at best. The 'forward pass' against Lousi was dribble, the head high against Matulino an absolutely pathetic call. On top of that, Henderson and Heremaia were both pulled back to the ground after making half busts up the middle, with no punishment against Penrith. Ivan Cleary said on ABC Radio that he was refereeing one team, I agree entirely.

Gutsy win to overcome that nonsense.

Ya also forgot the strip on Manu when player rolling out taking the ball with him, also Panthers blantly not the 10 at a 20m restart (Walsh kicking going dead) and nothing said, Ropo tackled in the air, also someone taken out on a bomb that somehow we knocked on and Panthers got scrum!
It wasnt just the penalty count to look it, it was the plain bad calls.

Funny, Gus said in the final 4 minutes "I can feel it coming, a try and a field goal to the home side in the final 3 minutes here!" No matter how much he "hates" Panthers, he would still them rather win than any NZ team!