What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shayne Hayne

ozreece77

Juniors
haha, just logged on and was going to start a thread about "Home Team Hayne" but there was already a 2 page thread.:)

Was he fair dinkum today?

The little fella Chris James gave us a couple of calls but every other 50-50 call was going Penrith's way. From the penalty on Hendo for a "facial" (which was a joke), to the "knock on" by Lousi which went back onto the Penrith player out of his hand, the list goes on and on.
Not the first time Hayne has been incompetent on an epic scale. Parra vs Manly in one of the early rounds when parra scored off a pass so far forward it was beyond belief. Same game that Hasler ripped the door off its hinges in the changing room.
Like others I was pleased we had dodged "Joe Pesci" Badger, Cummins, Klein and Robinson. Was hoping it would be Archer or Lyons.
Anyway, Hayne wont get demoted. He just reffed Origin so it would make a mockery of the senior ref thing they have going. Ironically, Pesci had a good game refereeing on Friday night. Was sensible when Campbell ran off when he had been called held and let him run back to the mark. Seen other players been penalised for the same thing and thought it harsh. So was good to see some common sense.

Nice to see the Warriors win with a ref trying his level best to make sure we lose.

ozreece77

Juniors
My understanding of the knock on rule was that it's considered a knock on if the ball hits an opposing player.

i think that only applies if if it is lost forward into a tackler even if it is a split second, and then the runner regathers it.

Ok consider this scenario. Warriors are doing a move through the backline and one of them passes the ball into a retreating Penrith player from the previous play. By your rule, that would be a knockon.
Why is it different that because he is surrounded by Penrith players in a tackle, and Lousi passes it backwards into a Penrith player its considered a knockon. Because they arent playing at it? Maybe you are right but it seems a ridiculous rule if so.
Sorry to get off topic.
Lets get back to bashing the hell out of that goon Hayne :p

NZ Warrior

First Grade
i think that only applies if if it is lost forward into a tackler even if it is a split second, and then the runner regathers it.

Ok consider this scenario. Warriors are doing a move through the backline and one of them passes the ball into a retreating Penrith player from the previous play. By your rule, that would be a knockon.
Why is it different that because he is surrounded by Penrith players in a tackle, and Lousi passes it backwards into a Penrith player its considered a knockon. Because they arent playing at it? Maybe you are right but it seems a ridiculous rule if so.
Sorry to get off topic.

Yep, that's the correct interpretation for mine. Just another call the ref got wrong. But Lousi shouldn't have tried for the offload in the first place.

Warmess

Juniors
Man, the Warriors are saints. For the life of me I don't know how they didn't break Haynes nose. Utterly terrible reffing performance, and lets watch nothing get done about it.

TheFrog

Coach

Sorry to get off topic.

I'm not sure what Hayne ruled here, but if you are passing the ball from dummy half, you really should look where you are passing it, and not pass it into a player running onside. Maybe Hayne did a Bill Harrigan, and ruled an error because such a boofheaded piece of work deserved one.

TheFrog

Coach
Funny, Gus said in the final 4 minutes "I can feel it coming, a try and a field goal to the home side in the final 3 minutes here!" No matter how much he "hates" Panthers, he would still them rather win than any NZ team!

My take on that was that the Panthers were hot on attack and he thought they would score and get a victory he thought they didn't deserve.

In the event, the Panthers could not score and the Warriors got their win, and deseved it. However, had the Panthers scored, and got a field goal afterwards, as Gould suggested would happen, the defensive effort of the Warriors would not have been so good and they would thus not deserve the win. So either way, the better team won.

ozenzud

Juniors
Look, the thing that riled me was Penrith were also able to lie around all day at the tackle, warriors were pinged for the slightest hesitation.

The Lousi "knock on" was not a knock on. The Matalino "head high" was probably 50/50.....yes generous, the "try" for Penrith, come on, that was no try. A hell of a lot of 50/50 calls went Penriths way. A few 40/60's and the odd 1/99!

Skinner

Coach
I'm not sure what Hayne ruled here, but if you are passing the ball from dummy half, you really should look where you are passing it, and not pass it into a player running onside. Maybe Hayne did a Bill Harrigan, and ruled an error because such a boofheaded piece of work deserved one.

Ah....the old penalty for stupidity rule.....like it.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
I dont think Ive yelled "for f**k sake" so many times in 20 mins.

Just shows what can happen to a team that relies on kicks to score tries, when the kicks dont stick.

mean

Juniors
Obviously Hayne doesn't like the Warriors and the Queenslanders! He was exactly the same on Wednesday night.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
That was one of the most disgraceful things I've seen on a football field. Cleary should have blown up after that. Well done for overcoming that bullsh*t.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Obviously Hayne doesn't like the Warriors and the Queenslanders! He was exactly the same on Wednesday night.
He did not give any favors for NSW in the first 2 matches. QLD were by far the better team on both nights but NSW were refed out of the games.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
He did not give any favors for NSW in the first 2 matches. QLD were by far the better team on both nights but NSW were refed out of the games.

Yeah, it might have been that

....or it might have been the complete opposite :?

Queensland got murdered in all 3 games, game 2 being by far the worst.

grandorient

Bench
Agree with just about all said in this thread.

Worst display I have seen from A ref for a long time. It was quite obvious that Hayne was on the take for this one.

Congrats to the Warriors for playing 17 men and a big girl and still coming out on top.

GO

Micistm

Bench
Good to hear today, that Cleary, for the first time, has lodged an official complaint in regard to that disgrace last Sunday.
Bugger all will come of it, but ups to him that such a joke of a one sided display is going to have attention drawn to it

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Good to hear today, that Cleary, for the first time, has lodged an official complaint in regard to that disgrace last Sunday.
Bugger all will come of it, but ups to him that such a joke of a one sided display is going to have attention drawn to it

any link or more details?