What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheens names team vs Roosters

Magpies Forever

Juniors
SHEENS NAMES FOUNDATION CUP TEAM
Tuesday, 16 February 2010
Five new faces and the return of two favoured sons make up part of the Wests Tigers team for the annual Foundation Cup on Sunday, February 21.
Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens today announced his side for the fourth annual Foundation Cup clash against the Sydney Roosters. It will be the only trial match in Sydney for both teams prior to the round one kick-off.
New recruits Mitch Brown, Jason Cayless, Junior Moors, Mark Flanagan and Geoff Daniela have been named in the team along with Liam Fulton and Daniel Fitzhenry, back at the club following stints in England.
1 Tim Moltzen
2 Mitch Brown
3 Blake Ayshford
4 Chris Lawrence
5 Beau Ryan
6 Benji Marshall
7 Robert Lui
8 Keith Galloway
9 Robbie Farah ©
10 Todd Payten
11 Gareth Ellis
12 Liam Fulton
13 Chris Heighington
14 Jason Cayless
15 Junior Moors
16 Mark Flanagan
17 Alan Schirnack
18 Geoff Daniela
19 Daniel Fitzhenry

http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=22632&sheens-names-foundation-cup-team

He is certainly giving Lui every chance.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
SHEENS NAMES FOUNDATION CUP TEAM
Tuesday, 16 February 2010
Five new faces and the return of two favoured sons make up part of the Wests Tigers team for the annual Foundation Cup on Sunday, February 21.
Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens today announced his side for the fourth annual Foundation Cup clash against the Sydney Roosters. It will be the only trial match in Sydney for both teams prior to the round one kick-off.
New recruits Mitch Brown, Jason Cayless, Junior Moors, Mark Flanagan and Geoff Daniela have been named in the team along with Liam Fulton and Daniel Fitzhenry, back at the club following stints in England.
1 Tim Moltzen
2 Mitch Brown
3 Blake Ayshford
4 Chris Lawrence
5 Beau Ryan
6 Benji Marshall
7 Robert Lui
8 Keith Galloway
9 Robbie Farah ©
10 Todd Payten
11 Gareth Ellis
12 Liam Fulton
13 Chris Heighington
14 Jason Cayless
15 Junior Moors
16 Mark Flanagan
17 Alan Schirnack
18 Geoff Daniela
19 Daniel Fitzhenry

http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=22632&sheens-names-foundation-cup-team

He is certainly giving Lui every chance.

Your team has a same old, same old look about it. Sheens is going to need to do something different this year to get you guys to the top 8.

macnaz

Staff member
What would you suggest Dobs? We have a few to add to that line up, namely Lote and Taniela which makes up a pretty good squad, and tuamata if he ever gets a chance.. Maybe the pack is a bit same old same old

Borat.

Juniors
Your team has a same old, same old look about it. Sheens is going to need to do something different this year to get you guys to the top 8.

LMAO- signed something like 7 players this year , and last year only missed the 8 by one point...

westie

Bench
He's exactly right. The team is entirely predictable. We're trying the same thing we have since 2006 and expecting a different result.

Slow, impotent outside backs.

Front rowers scared of hitting it up.

A halfback who doesn't know what he's doing and can't bring Benji into the game.

Now we've added a fullback who is scared of the football.

Um?

Magpies Forever

Juniors

At least Marshall is at 5/8 where he should be.

BTW- any one know what is happening with Tame Tupou? I'd have thought now would be the time to give him some game time.

nyx

Juniors
Disappointed Taumata isn't on the bench at least. Otherwise it's a pretty strong team.

Looking forward to it!

westie

Bench
He said today Lui's the most talented player he's seen at his age. This is the man who coached the Raiders in the early 90's and had Benji Marshall walk on to his training field.

Benji scored 4 trys in 60 minutes against the Roosters' cheque book side (it was them right?) at Lui's age. Even Benji can't do the things they want Lui to do.

The man has f**king rocks in his head. Honest to god, what the f**k. I just don't know what to say.

Borat.

Juniors
He's exactly right. The team is entirely predictable. We're trying the same thing we have since 2006 and expecting a different result.

Slow, impotent outside backs.

Front rowers scared of hitting it up.

A halfback who doesn't know what he's doing and can't bring Benji into the game.

Now we've added a fullback who is scared of the football.

Um?

A point off the 8- we had better 4 and against than some in the 8....

Don't need to change alot IMO ....just add comp for places.....

Cayless has a big year we go top 4

Sheens names Lui for a trial against an NRL team? I thought Lui would get a gig at halfback against a NSW Cup team, so when we beat them 70 nil, he says Lui performed the best during the trials. Kind of like what happened with the Moltzen/JB/Gallant/Lazo competition for fullback last year.

Looks like Lui and Moltzen will both get a crack at halfback, while Brown and Moltzen will both get a go at fullback. A few question marks still over the side, but that's what trials are for. Hopefully we get some answers after this game, and hopefully we get the right answers.

westie

Bench
A point off the 8- we had better 4 and against than some in the 8....

Don't need to change alot IMO ....just add comp for places.....

Cayless has a big year we go top 4

Dragons and Dogs were 1-2. They were never going to win a premiership. What's your point?

neo007

Juniors
He said today Lui's the most talented player he's seen at his age. This is the man who coached the Raiders in the early 90's and had Benji Marshall walk on to his training field.

Benji scored 4 trys in 60 minutes against the Roosters' cheque book side (it was them right?) at Lui's age. Even Benji can't do the things they want Lui to do.

The man has f**king rocks in his head. Honest to god, what the f**k. I just don't know what to say.

Hey WESTIE why are you wasting your talent, you should be coaching a club and make a fortune. I`m amaze a how rude and IGNORANT you are. Things like you shouldn`t suport any club. You are a disgrace.

The Pain Game

Juniors
The Tigers have a good side on paper, but I would have went with Motzen at halfback and Lazarus at fullback. Yet to see what Lui can do on the big stage besides feed the ball to Benji. IMO, Benji would play well with a natural halfback/dominant giving him the ball.

For those interested, Shannon Gallant is playing for our (the Cowboys) feeder team in their trial and not a-grade. I am not sure if it because of Ty's okay form for the Indigenous team and his strong end of season form, but I would have persisted with the Mighty Mouse. It is only a trail game 2 though, so I would look more into our line-up against the Titans the following week.

macnaz

Staff member
Hey WESTIE why are you wasting your talent, you should be coaching a club and make a fortune. I`m amaze a how rude and IGNORANT you are. Things like you shouldn`t suport any club. You are a disgrace.
Hi Neo welcome to League Unlimited... Westie has a reputation for saying things that people here disagree with BUT if his quote about numb nuts sheens saying that "Lui is the most talented player he has seen in ages" is correct then IM 100% WITH WESTIE . FMD if i heard him say it myself i would have vomited ... Honestly this guy is the coach and can pick who he likes at the end of the day but when he has to spin such utter f**king bullsh*t to try justify his geniused selections really proves he has a mental issue. We heard for years all the crap about about Morris and now its all starting again with Loser Lui. Where and what talent has he seen that no one else has been privy to see ?? Hmmmmm maybe he has some bedroom tricks :shock: because its certainly not sh*t he has done on a football field as yet. FFS is he a talented trainer ?? What ?? I hope Lui can and does turn into our savour but please Shines please cut the pathetic sickening bullsh*t u keep dreaming up.!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts