What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield shield 2012/13 thread

TheParraboy

Staff member
I used to say that, but there is no middle order bat bashing the door down and that is the big issue in First Class cricket at the moment, we have a zillion keepers and quick bowlers, but bugger all middle order bats (and please don't say Hughes/Khawaja)

Im pretty sure the selectors have Bailey and Forrest good to go :crazy:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Im pretty sure the selectors have Bailey and Forrest good to go :crazy:

I don't know what is worse...Forest averaging about 2 this season or Bailey being D grade:crazy:I for one would rather play Ferguson and that says something as he is rocks or diamonds! It just shows how poor the middle order bats have been...

S.Marsh- 48 runs in matches, averaging under 10!
U.Khawaja- Probably the best bet but is as inconsistent as ever
Hughes- is an opener.
M. Marsh- Not ready yet
G. Bailey- rubbish!
P. Forrest- Couldn't buy a run at the moment, he is making Shaun Marsh look like Bradman at the moment!:lol:

beads6

First Grade
Joe Burns out for 116. Was looking in good form as well. Stumped down the legside off Christian.

Earl

Coach
Haha

Darren Lehmann has come on as a sub feilder for James Hopes.

I though Mark Cosgrove had changed states there for a minute :lol:

The Joker

Juniors
lol South Australia couldn't beat an under 10's side in a shield game. It's like it's cultutally entrenched into them they can't play a 4 day game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They should be kicked out of the Sheild, terrible side and most of them aren't even from SA.

Earl

Coach
NSW 2 down early. Warner gone for not many. Of what I saw he looked very, very rusty. Could hardly lay bat on ball.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Glad they have a weeks worth of net time to get them ready for first test..... None of the test players made any runs for NSW Neville should be playing for Aussie A's

Earl

Coach
I think Inveraity's words were 'Tim Paine has been in superb touch since returning from injury'

Red Bear

Referee
NSW rolled for 184, lol, not surprising given how we've played the last 15 months.

Qld have lost a wicket though

Red Bear

Referee
Get on the stream and watch Hazlewood bowling at present, just got Forrest and almost had Burns the first three balls (big lbw shout turned down, bumped ball to short leg, ball dropping short/dropped in slip I think). Bowling beautifully

Bollinger and Copeland also have wickets, Qld 3/22

Latest posts