What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield 2021/22

Jack Wildermuth is not an opening bowler. Lacks penetration. Yesterday he gave Head runs, doing same today. Bulls missing Michael Neser. Injured?

Henry Hunt unable to crack on today. Castled by a Steketee beauty.

Last edited:
Mark Steketee has got the banana benders back into the contest. Pearler to remove the improving Henry Hunt.

SA 5/182 at lunch.

Last edited:
The second new ball finishes the Redback rear guard action. SA with a 128 run lead. Best for the Bulls is under rated quick Mark Steketee with a polished 7-44.

Last edited:
Bryce Street seems to be looking for quick singles by playing across his pad more this year rather than his policy of blocking everything to build a solid platform. To me he now looks more vulnerable.

Last edited:
No brainer to have Ussie back to take on the Poms if in form. His last Ashes return 17/18 -333 @47 -179 t/s.

Last edited:
I saw a mature batting performance from Josh Philippe yesterday. Never figured I'd say that about this bloke. They were not easy conditions in the first two sessions on a greenish and spiteful WACA track. Good signs ahead for the talented West Aussie in red ball cricket.

Lawrence Neil-Smith a name to watch. The lanky r/arm quick rocks WA with his first career five for.. starting with the key scalp of Shaun Marsh. Not bad for a Sydney boy who decided to chase his dream by heading across the Tasman after being ignored by the Blues selectors..

Last edited:
CLINT HINCHCLIFFE: What happened to this guy. Played his one and only first class match for WA in 2018. One piddling game hardly sufficient time to impress or not impress. Bowled 'chinamans' from memory and was a clean hitter. Went thru the CA pathway and from what I saw and read, he came across as a competent slow bowling all rounder. They are pretty rare in this country.

CLINT HINCHCLIFFE: What happened to this guy. Played his one and only first class match for WA in 2018. One piddling game hardly sufficient time to impress or not impress. Bowled 'chinamans' from memory and was a clean hitter. Went thru the CA pathway and from what I saw and read, he came across as a competent slow bowling all rounder. They are pretty rare in this country.
Found this footage of Hinchliffe.

TheParraboy

Staff member
No brainer to have Ussie back to take on the Poms if in form. His last Ashes return 17/18 -333 @47 -179 t/s.

yeah, nah

Is batting in the middle order, where we are covered, and will be 35 in December

Last ashes means FA, he couldn't do anything as our senior batsman against India when we needed him the most

Last ashes means FA, he couldn't do anything as our senior batsman against India when we needed him the most
@TheParraboy sorry to inform you but Khawaja was not picked for India series. Dud Harris was instead. Pucovski played one test as did Wade. We should have picked Khawaja with his fabulous home opening average @53. His age is superfluous if he is scoring runs.

Last edited:
Neil-Smith finds himself virtually opening. Did a good job with nite watchman role last match. An even bigger responsibility this time round.

Neil-Smith has seen off three top order bats. Three innings this year and is yet to be dismissed. Currently @135.

Now LNS brings up his second consecutive half century. He is definitely not a tailender.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
@TheParraboy sorry to inform you but Khawaja was not picked for India series. Dud Harris was instead. Pucovski played one test as did Wade. We should have picked Khawaja with his fabulous home opening average @53. His age is superfluous if he is scoring runs.

LOL,

Cherry picking and neglectfulness at its finest

When you work it out. I'll accept an apology

Latest posts