What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield: NSW V QLD at SCG 29 Jan - 1 Feb

aussies1st

Staff member
Neither but hes the leading wicket taker in grade cricket for the past 2 seasons.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Copeland finally gets his shot!

Copeland along with Josh Lalor have been the best performed quicks in Grade over the past couple of years. Copeland is leading the wicket taking list in Grade by a fair distance this year, hope he bowls well for NSW.

beads6

First Grade
I look forward to seeing how this young QLD leggie plays too. The more young wrist spinners in Australia the better IMO.

aussies1st

Staff member
Just heard from Bracken that his knee is a little swollen and he hasn't bowled enough for a 4 day game.

Red Bear

Referee
Geez our bowling is shot at the moment
I'd go with
Hughes
Jaques
Katich(c)
Forrest
Warner
S Smith
Henriques
D Smith
Lambert/O'Keefe
Starc
Copeland

I suspect Lambert will play, he usually does, but it really is a flip of the coin job, both are pretty f**king rubbish

beads6

First Grade
Blues have plenty of batsmen that is for sure. Have there attack is also injured which would not help. It has seemed the Blues have been struggling with Champions league hangover.

Red Bear

Referee
Blues have plenty of batsmen that is for sure. Have there attack is also injured which would not help. It has seemed the Blues have been struggling with Champions league hangover.
Could be champions league hangover
could be missing Lee Clark Bracken with injury, Hazelwood overseas with 19's, Bollinger and Hauritz playing for Australia. Havent had Katich for much of the summer as well.

This is a very strong batting lineup which is good but we are going to struggle big time to take wickets.

What happened to Mark Cameron? He was a decent bowler, would be very handy right now.

aussies1st

Staff member
I would give Lalor a go but with that squad Lambert has to play as we can't go in with Starc, Copeland, O'Keefe, Henriques, Smith and leaving out O'Keefe would be plain stupid at the SCG.

Red Bear

Referee
Cameron is injured, so is Cockley

and you left out Sunshine
Yeah just remembered i had forgotten Cockley also.

So we are presently scraping the barrel as far as fast bowlers go, and it is showing in our performances.

Sunshine doesnt really count, he has never played a game for us

caylo

Bench
Khawaja and Bracken out with injury.

1. S.KATICH (c )
2. P.FORREST
3. T.COPELAND
4. P.HUGHES
5. P.JAQUES
6. M.HENRIQUES
7. G.LAMBERT
8. S.O'KEEFE
9. S.SMITH
10. D.SMITH
11. M.STARC
12. D.WARNER

Note that isn't the order just how they listed it.

http://www.cricketnsw.com/default.aspx?s=news-display&id=19978

I think we will see

Jaques
Hughes
Katich
Henriques
Forrest
S.Smith
Warner
D.Smith
Lambert
Starc
Copeland

I would have Starc and Copeland open the bowling with Lambert and Henriques coming in at first and second change. Smith should take the majority of the slow bowling and have warner bowl a few offies/leggies (he bowls both!!). OKeffe may be an option if they tink it will turn but that woul dbe risky with only Henriques as a backup unless he was played over Forrest.

aussies1st

Staff member
I'd put O'Keefe over Forrest, we don't need a keeper at 8 plus O'Keefe is decent with the bat. And for that matter so is Starc and Copeland wants to be an all rounder.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
O'Keefe made a ton in grade cricket the other week, he can bat

as far as his bowling goes, I think he's more of an ODI bowler, much like Hauri he can tie them down and not much flight but doesn't penetrate

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Lucky Lambert and Copeland are in the side. The 2 over-rated quicks who took the new ball did nothing! They will probably come back later and finish of the tail though.