What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield: Round 9

beads6

First Grade
Smith with another Ton I really think his form warrants selections at number 6 for Australia in the Tests in New Zealand!

beads6

First Grade
Also the Bulls not piss Chris Simpson off from the Shield games he really does nothing..

beads6

First Grade
runs starting to stack up for steve smith.

if he can just start taking wickets!

I can't see Smith being good enough to be selected as a bowler for Australia for another 2 years at least. He is good enough to be selected as a batsman though.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I can't see Smith being good enough to be selected as a bowler for Australia for another 2 years at least. He is good enough to be selected as a batsman though.

at no 6, and he can be a back up spinner

yappy

Bench
Is Copeland the find of the summer? Another 4 today. He sure does know how to bag scalps.

beads6

First Grade
Is Copeland the find of the summer? Another 4 today. He sure does know how to bag scalps.

question is why did it take so long for the blues to pick him. Instead of having that Nuffie Moises opening the bowling they could have had Copeland for the whole season.

aussies1st

Staff member
Who knows but that man has now locked his spot in. Lucky Lee retired from Tests and he might have even struggled to make NSW's team with Clark, Hazelwood, Starc and Copeland.

And we have another contender that hasn't pushed his claim in Bailey, not as easy as Hughes, Smith and Jaques have made it out to be.

Red Bear

Referee
Well done Copeland.

Nice of the selectors to start picking balanced sides after we are out of contention (I believe Qld getting first inning points ruled us out).

Shouldnt have expected a great season, we were threadbare for much of the year experience wise (although have seen some good progress in some very, very talented players in Hazlewood, Copeland and S Smith). We'll just keep producing test cricketers, it's what we do.

aussies1st

Staff member
Smith further enhances his claim with 3 wickets. No more now Smithy, leave that last one for Copeland :)

Latest posts