What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield: VIC vs WA

Evenflow

Bench
5/154 now so looks like the Vics are well on top at this stage though Voges is still in on 55 no so he could prove to be a bit of a speed hump for them if they don't get him soon.

I know the comp has virtually just started but i really can't see anyone stopping the Mexicans from winning back to back shields. They just look so strong with plenty of depth and IMO it's theirs to lose.

aussies1st

Staff member
McKay great again. McGain good as well. Ronchi got a start at least, probably made more runs in that one innings than he did all last season.

Ronchi was coming off 140-odd against NSW in his last shield game.

Good to see McGain fully recovered from last seasons shoulder surgery. 4/40 off 20 overs on a day 1 pitch is extremely good against a good WA batting line-up.

There is another shield game starting on the 27th of Nov if McGain performs again then he wouldn't be the worst choice for the 2nd test against the windies.

eddiesmith

Juniors
5/154 now so looks like the Vics are well on top at this stage though Voges is still in on 55 no so he could prove to be a bit of a speed hump for them if they don't get him soon.

I know the comp has virtually just started but i really can't see anyone stopping the Mexicans from winning back to back shields. They just look so strong with plenty of depth and IMO it's theirs to lose.
I dont know, I'm a bit worried about the bowling, it is doing well, but the depth is tested when trying to take 20 wickets for the match, they let WA off the hook today and if the forecast holds true for the first time in months then that ruins any hope of a result, they couldnt finish off SA in the first game either, probably wont get their just winning 1st innings

Atleast in the one dayers our batsmen can chase whatever the bowlers give up

As for McGain, wouldnt be the worst choice for the GABBA, not sure of the point of a finger spinner up there and with Lee and Clark now out of contention, not sure they have 4 quicks they want to play either

Last edited:

Evenflow

Bench
I dont know, I'm a bit worried about the bowling, it is doing well, but the depth is tested when trying to take 20 wickets for the match, they let WA off the hook today and if the forecast holds true for the first time in months then that ruins any hope of a result, they couldnt finish off SA in the first game either, probably wont get their just winning 1st innings

Even if there's no result in this game it's only the second one of the season so it won't really matter in the big scheme of things. From all reports the pitch is flattening out to a road as each over is bowled so i think they'll grab first innings points at least. I'm not sure the had the best pre season shield preparation given they travelled over with NSW for the champions trophy so it'll take them a few games to click properly you'd think.

If it does flatten out as much as they say i'm not sure how much of a chance there'd have been for a result anyway regardless of the forecast. Then again these shield matches can be funny games sometimes.

Red Bear

Referee
Mcgain wont get picked. He might be a decent option but i very much doubt he will be picked, selectors wont go back toa 37 year old who got pumped in his only game.

Latest posts