What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shield: WA vs SA

beads6

First Grade
Good start from Lyon and from what I have seen he gives it a good rip and flights the ball. Lets give him time and see where he is at.

aussies1st

Staff member
Was dropping it short quite a bit but that might just be nerves. Can't deny his talent though 3 wickets at the WACA on debut is pretty dam good.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He looks a good prospect, 3 wickets at the WACA isn't a bad start. He'll probably be picked there next WACA test as he has home ground advantage :crazy:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Keen to see how Duffield goes. Has made a decent start to his career and is just 22.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Lyon has been pretty impressive when I've seen him. He flights the ball better than any offie I've ever seen. The acid test will come when he faces some one who is prepared to use their feet.

Exciting prospect at this stage.

beads6

First Grade
Lyon has been pretty impressive when I've seen him. He flights the ball better than any offie I've ever seen. The acid test will come when he faces some one who is prepared to use their feet.

Exciting prospect at this stage.

Get him bowling at Clarke in the nets then.

beads6

First Grade
Can't believe O'Brien is batting 5 that is poor IMO, surely SA have a young kid worth a shot..

D

Deleted member 10972

I much prefer the balance of this SA team too. O'Brien is not a frontline spinner, and hence, he should not be played as one.

1. Klinger
3. Ferguson
5. O'Brien
6. Christian
7. Manou

...a much better batting line-up, with Daniel Harris, James Smith, Cameron Borgas, Aiden Blizzard and Tom Cooper fighting for those remaining spots. Any bowling line-up with Peter George, Nathan Lyon, Shaun Tait (in limited overs) and Ben Edmondson (in First Class) should be quite effective.

aussies1st

Staff member
Might need to get rid of Christian or O'Brien as neither did anything this match, one of them is enough but two weakens the batting. That is assuming they can find players that will do a better job.

Latest posts