What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

shifty for origin

jimmythehand

Juniors
if sherwin puts in some good performances over the next couple of weeks I'd seriously think about him for Origin.

Unfortunately that's more a reflection on the sad state of affairs for NSW than anything else.

mattyg

Bench
ummm no...theres a few halfbacks more deserving, even though shifty is showing signs of getting back to his best i think he is a long way off origin, and thats good news for us as well. we need to be at maximum strength possible during origin. I think only 2 players atm deserve an origin jersey, Mase and Ryan, with Haz and Reni being outsiders. Not convinced that Reni deserves it, he has been solid but not spectacular so far this year, hopefully it changes in coming weeks though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hazem's performance last night tells me he should be a shoe in for a NSW wing spot, but I'm consigned to it not happening.

jimmythehand

Juniors
mattyg said:
ummm no...theres a few halfbacks more deserving, even though shifty is showing signs of getting back to his best i think he is a long way off origin, and thats good news for us as well. we need to be at maximum strength possible during origin. I think only 2 players atm deserve an origin jersey, Mase and Ryan, with Haz and Reni being outsiders. Not convinced that Reni deserves it, he has been solid but not spectacular so far this year, hopefully it changes in coming weeks though.

is there any halfback that is deserving?

mattyg

Bench
maybe matt orford...but theres heaps that deserve it more than shifty

is cronk a qld'er anyone??

ShineDog

Juniors
QLD have all the options : Thurston , Prince, Cronk, Tim Smith , P.J.Marsh, Nathan Fien, Shaun Berrigan .

NSW main options : Orford , Gower, Kimmorley, Sherwin .

I really think Sherwin would do a great job if selected and would be able to direct the NSW team around and has a great boot and would work well with Anasta...however this combo is extremely unlikely.

obviouslyrat

Juniors
No way shifty will get the blues no.7 jersey. Theres so many people in front of him, in the likes of orford, kimmorley, gower etc. Although shifty has a awesome kicking game, i could say he is one of the best in the league, but.....his passing game and running game isnt that flash.

I would love to have shifty in the blues side with anasta and HOPEFULLY, FINGERS-CROSSED on haz, but shifty doesnt deserve it.

Theres also Finch to choose from, he hasnt been that bad for the eels this season, and his coming into form. He has a slim chance, but my pick of the draw is orford.

jimmythehand

Juniors
at the moment i would have to say

sherwin > gower > orford > kimmorley > Gidley for first choice half.

I forgot about Mullen though, he could be the bolter. If the Blues pick gower or orford or kimmorley they are going to shoot themselves in the foot. They have to give someone else a shot.

Ridders

Coach
why with orford, he's never had a shot at origin, agree with gower and kimmorley.

Gidley's best work has been as FB. He shouldn't even be in the running for a NSW half spot

jimmythehand

Juniors
orford is terrible in big games. Just ask Melbourne Storm supporters - they were very happy to offload him. His performance for Manly on the weekend in what was a big game for him does justice to his reputation.

I forgot about mullen though. NSW would be mad not to blood him in the situation they find themselves in.

Latest posts