What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Brett Stewart be stood down ?

Should Brett Stewart be stood down ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eels Dude

Coach
Dude, I don't need to harden the f**k up. I'm more than happy to get into a physical argument with a fellow if the need requires. However it's not the same with the ladies so if they're just gonna sit back and not reply to relevant arguments then so be it. Leave it at that.

MsStorm

Bench
Unfortunately he has to, not beccause he's the main person being alleged of this, but because it would not be a good thing for his state of mind to have this whirling around his head and trying to play footy. While the footy side would be a welcome distraction he needs to be given space from everything until it is sorted properly and the true story, if it ever comes to light is deal with.

Innocent until guilty crap is also a tiresome excuse for mind and I have the opinion that, if players are dumb enough to let themselves be sucked in by these woman, then sadly for them they have to pay the pirce.

These woman are disgusting, disappointing pieces of sh*t that should ripped into a thousand pieces for using themselves like a bunch of stupid bimbos just so they can rake a bit of attention or money and gain some cut little reputation.

And don't give me the crap they they 'never meant' to do it because I highly doubt all the woman that have been involved inthese situations with foty players never know what they are doing because they obviously know what they are getting into when 'playing cutie' with a footy player that you recognize
How in the hell do you know what happened...were you there?:?

MsStorm

Bench
We dont know the details, "fair game" could have been Stewart saying no to a myspace photo.

Not jumping either way till Stewarts side is heard. If he is found to be innocent, then its the girl and her family causing the NRL to lose thousands.

As I read, he couldn't remember anything..........is that correct?
If so, how can he tell his side of things?

Kiki

First Grade
when have i expressed a desire to be the next rebecca wilson? but its going quite well, thanks for asking :)

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
now you manly fans know what we went through with the greg bird saga.
:lol: Slight difference, Bird was charged much sooner after the event IIRC.

As for "what fans of team x" went through, I think we've got a greater claim to that from 2004 ;-)

jdizzle

Juniors
I am probably going to be unpopular for having this opinion but I've had a think about it.

A majority of Australians don't follow Rugby League as passionately as people on this forum. They form what is called the general public and consist of people who don't care about it all to people who support a team because they have a cool name or someone like Benji or SBW played for them.

And lets face facts. The Australian general public is cynical when there is any kind of allegations of rape by anyone in society. And due to the trackrecords of people such as Todd Carney, the Bulldogs of 04 and that Sharks guy who hit the woman, people are even more cynical about rugby league players getting on the drink.

Imagine the public relations disaster if Stewart plays and scores a try. You can guarantee a massive photo of him with his finger up, smiling, celebrating the try with a very negative headline. And then within a few days the police decide they want to charge him.

The backlash to Stewart and Sea Eagles will be enormous. Much worse than what it is now. But the backlash to the NRL will be very difficult to recover from.

Stewart, his lawyers and manager will know enough about what the police know and what happened from Stewart's perspective to know whether he will be charge or have a significant leaning to yes or no. If there is any remote likelihood he will be charged he has to not play until this issue is resolved.

And then you must consider that he will not be in the best frame of mind to play and the association with the Sea Eagles will create a different kind of pressure and attention to the rest of the team, creating a huge distraction.

As the saying goes, it is better to be safe than sorry.

A charge indicates enough evidence has been gathered against the alleged perpetrator of the crime. While it's all well and good to say "innocent til proven guilty", I believe it's reasonable enough (in my mind anyway) to stand him down if he is charged.

As an aside, Brett not talking to police as alleged in some reports is not a good sign.

Disagree totally, I wouldn't be talking either unless a lawyer was present.

warren

Juniors
:lol: Slight difference, Bird was charged much sooner after the event IIRC.

thats because of DV laws - they have to move things much faster if the alleged victim and perp live together

theyre still not much different

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You're still assuming an awful lot not in evidence by saying that... :?

Lambretta

First Grade
then why would the NRL pull the ad ?

I'd say if the club find out there is some basis to the allegations, and it does not look good for stewart, they'll suspend him.

Apologies if someone has responded to this point already

Because the NRL doesn't want to run the risk.
Their decision to pull the ad had nothing to do with guilt or innocence. They just didn't want to have any association with the player at this time.

The NRL have stated that their decision to pull the ad was not stating Brett's guilt.

Latest posts