What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Burgess miss the Cup?

How many Weeks

• Total voters

nqboy

First Grade
Lucky to stay on the field. Reckless, born out of frustration and softness on the part of the NRL judiciary.

Serious question though. Other than Thaiday staying down, in what way was the Burgess tackle worse than Westwoods high shot on Matt Scott in the first half?

It will be an absolute farce if Burgess misses a week and they overlook the tackle from Westwood. Burgess didn't even look intentional, where as Benny jumped into Scott with the clear intention of beheading him!

The Burgess hate has gone too far. People mad that he smashes their forwards week in week out in the NRL.

BunniesMan

Immortal
What rubbish. This is a mans game. Tough men of rugby league should be celebrated. Going in for hard hits is heroic stuff. If you get one a little high occassionally its not the end of the world. Blow a penalty and move on.

People calling for send offs and suspensions should be banned from rugby league for life for bringing the game into disrepute. Stop trying to punish strength and power and guts.

Good on Sam Burgess. I for one salute him.

DC_fan

Coach
Haven't seen the incident. But with Sam being a Souths player I couldn't imagine him doing anything really bad.

But then again he is a pom,

Pierced Soul

First Grade
He'll get a week. In the nrl that would get about a week and I wasn't surprised it only went on report given nrl refs are too scared to send anyone off. I don't think it was a send off but the bbc commentators thought it was worthy of a red card so I'm guessing in SL that would have been a send off.

THaiday Is lucky he didn't get his balls grabbed whilst he was on the ground

kbw

Bench
I agree with others that the toughness is leaving the game.
But deliberate undefensible cheap high shots that Sam Burgess is becoming famous for are not on. He should have been sent off.

If the creature was not a media darling he would he run out of the NRL, he is the dirtiest player I have seen in years.

He is a filthly coward of the lowest level, that tends only to have a go at players when they are unable to defend themselves.

Diesel

Referee
Not much in it, one week, didn't look too bad as far as high shots go.

Not sure if Voss new anything but he was saying the trainers/meds said Thaiday thought he was in Austria when he woke up

deluded pom?

Coach
What I'd like to know is what would happen in Origin if a player did to an opponent what Burgess did to Thaiday? Love the cartoon :lol: I also love the way all the Souths fans are defending their favourite Pom.