What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Dobo and Carney swap positions?

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
What do you guys think?? In the games they have both played this year it seems to me that Dobo is in at first receiver and as a result gets his hands on the ball quite a bit more than Carney. Carney is by far the more creative player IMO and has a better running game. The more carney is involved the better we tend to play and i think Dobo's job as general kicker and orrganiser can be done in the no 6 jersy just as easily.

Thoughts??

legend

Coach
Leave them as they are and bring Campo into the centres or better still, at lock.

PRKLCD

Juniors
Nope.

you don't want Carney getting "too much ball" at number 6 he can pick and choose his runs more and I think he has done that well this year. Dobbo doesn't have a super running game and is more suited to the number 7.

Macko8

Juniors
god1 said:
The number on their back shouldnt determine how they play anyway

Exactly
Theres not a thing wrong with how they have played so far.
Leave it exactly how it is

Raider_69

Post Whore
no
dobbo is a good general play kicker and organiser, classic traits of a good halfback
carney is a great ball runner and ball player, classic traits of a good piviot
leave it as is

nickraider

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
no
dobbo is a good general play kicker and organiser, classic traits of a good halfback
carney is a great ball runner and ball player, classic traits of a good piviot
leave it as is

What he said - Except for the 'piviot' bit!! ;-)

dmickey07

Juniors
legend said:
Leave them as they are and bring Campo into the centres or better still, at lock.

IMO That would be a good idea. Imagine an attack with Carney's running game, dobsons orgainisational game, zillman at his electric best and campese adding another dimension. Either tongue lock, campese bench or vica versa.

dmickey07 said:
IMO That would be a good idea. Imagine an attack with Carney's running game, dobsons orgainisational game, zillman at his electric best and campese adding another dimension. Either tongue lock, campese bench or vica versa.

There is no way you would bench our captain...He is one of our best players and needs to be out there for 80 mins. Campo in the centres is the best idea because he is great defensively which is where we need improving.

Macko8

Juniors
To be honest i dont know how campese hasnt been playing every game for us in FG for 5 years.

Sure his had stints in FG over the years but never cemented his spot.
Perhaps 2007 is his year
In the two FG games his played so far this year i think his been one of our best in attack and in defence and would pick him over the likes of dunemann anyday.

jed

First Grade
nickraider said:
What he said - Except for the 'piviot' bit!! ;-)
How about stand-off? You probably wouldn't appreciate it if I said that Dobbo is shaping into one of the best scrum half's of the competition? :p

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
well maybe they can keep the same numbers ob their backs but i still think that in a game of footy Carney should have his hands on the ball more than Dobo, it seems to me that dobson has a bout 20% more ball than carney, that should be reversed. IMO Dobo cant get a line break or create without the boot...don't get me wrong hes good, but i think he should be second receiver...

Also Campese is a guy people love to love, he's a solid defender but if we made room for him in the centers we would lose attacking flair and we cannot afford that... I say give him a regular spot on the bench.

edabomb

First Grade
How has Graham shown more attacking flair than Campese this season?? Campese created oppurtunities for his outside men last night, something I've never seen Graham do.

Macko8

Juniors
Campese might be just the thing we need in our side to push up the ladder.

He can create something out of nothing in attack and shows great sustainability in defence as seen last night when he ran down a panther back not once but twice.

Mr henry can u include him in the 17 this week against manly please.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
Campese has to be somewhere in the squad, Dobson and Carney should stay in there positions.
Costigan and LLR are our best backrowers by a mile.