What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should jerseys come under the cap?

Junior Bunny

Juniors
Should players jerseys be under the salary cap? They are priced around $160 each so I think they should be put in as wages under the salary cap. Discuss.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Junior Bunny said:
Should players jerseys be under the salary cap? They are priced around $160 each so I think they should be put in as wages under the salary cap. Discuss.

You're an idiot.

Discuss.

bboy_insane

Juniors
Training grounds and facilities and stadiums should be in the salary cap too!!! Junior Bunny is onto something!

Junior Bunny

Juniors
bboy_insane said:
Training grounds and facilities and stadiums should be in the salary cap too!!! Junior Bunny is onto something!

Thank You for your honesty. I am sorry but those that you have mentioned are not direct bonuses for the players, Nice Try Thou! You could also include shorts, socks, mouthguards and headgear into the cap. I believe we have a great discussion going on here people, Keep it up!

wittyfan

Referee
Trainers should come under the salary cap. Some spend enough time on the field.....

Tom Shines

First Grade
How about Souths' Armani suits? They would have to cost at least a thousnad dollars each.
Would they have to be declared under the cap?

Junior Bunny

Juniors
Wheelsy said:
How about Souths' Armani suits? They would have to cost at least a thousnad dollars each.
Would they have to be declared under the cap?

I dont think they should. The Rabbitohs are a team of professionals and professionals need to wear attire that suits their appearance.

wittyfan said:
Trainers should come under the salary cap. Some spend enough time on the field.....
exactly..toovey probably gets paid by the step...saw the canberra trainer close to the tryline when Lyons hooked the ball back in for a manly try and he sticks his arms out to say that lyons was out..surely they need to be rained in

Junior Bunny said:
I dont think they should. The Rabbitohs are a team of professionals and professionals need to wear attire that suits their appearance.
Business Bankers, Business Professionals and CEO’s, Armani suits may suit their appearance, not professional footballers....

Appearance, hah…sweaty footballers after 80 minutes on the field, if you think that way they should be playing in their Armani suits….

Hari Kari

Juniors
Should secret police squads be formed to identify, intercept and ultimately confiscate all computers from internet morons? Discuss.

The Lucky State

Juniors
Business Bankers, Business Professionals and CEO’s, Armani suits may suit their appearance, not professional footballers....

Appearance, hah…sweaty footballers after 80 minutes on the field, if you think that way they should be playing in their Armani suits….

bullsh*t.

The Rabitohs are a team of articulate, cosmopolitan , socially aware young men. They have the same standing in the community as any accountant or businessmen. Footballers are very shrewd in their proffesional dealings. They are fair but tough, with a good knowledge of the law (especially contracts) and they typically know whats happening in the stock market. If you go into any football gym, I guarantee you there will be bloomberg and cnbc playing on the tv monitors. I've been out with footballers before clubbing and stuff. Sure theres a bit of talk about the ladies and some footy stories. But normally I find the last thing footballers are wanting to talk about is football. They are usually anxious to to steer the conversation towards there share portfolio or government policy. Georgio Aramani is a master, a fine crafstmen and very worldy. He would not lend his name to a rabble. Russell Crowe assured him that Souths would only serve to strengthen his reputation for style and sophistation. They have plainly done this. Paris, Milan, Redfern. I have no problem with these three cities in the same sentance.

Junior Bunny has opened a potential mind field here that could send shockwaves through the game. What about club breakfasts, taxi fairs, accomdations, continental hotel breakfasts and mini bar usage? Whats to say Petero and Locky arent' sitting back after a hard match in there hotel sipping on Crystal, Cognac Hennessy or Moet at $1000 a bottle. The mind boggles. This is explosive.

The Lucky State

Juniors
Why don't they go down to Rebel and buy their jerseys?

Because this wouldnt solve the problem completely. Clubs could slip the players cash to buy jerseys or do dodgy deals at their local rebel sport. Its a start at tackling this issue but its not enough.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
This is nothing.

Club things such as breakfast, suits etc that are done for all the players don't count. If it is done to benefit one player than it is a problem.