What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Knights release Carney for GB

chunk

Juniors
Apparantly the Knights aren't realesing Carney for the international against the Kiwis.

It would be good for international football if he was released.

The Knights will say that we pay his wages and so on.

I just can't beleive it wasn't in his contract.

Kiwi

First Grade
The GB teams don't release Kiwi players to play tests on a regular basis, so f**k'em, lets see how they like it. I hope we score a fair few down the flank he was going to be.

t-ba

Post Whore
Kiwi said:
The GB teams don't release Kiwi players to play tests on a regular basis, so f**k'em, lets see how they like it. I hope we score a fair few down the flank he was going to be.

My thoughts exactly...it's called reciprocity...If such a word exists...

borat

Bench
Its a one off test against a team with only half their top side. Does GB really need their irish winger?

phonetic

Juniors
Until this kind of thing is regulated by an international body, one off test matches like this will always be a sham.

LESStar58

Referee
The game hasn't been granted Test status...if its just for show then let Carney stay at the Knights.

Stonecutter

First Grade
If it doesn't have test staus then what is the point of an international. Every international game should be granted test status and every available player should have to play no matter what their clubs say.

SHARK-SPURS said:
Every international game should be granted test status and every available player should have to play no matter what their clubs say.
thats the reason why it isn't been called an test.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
RLIF - take a leaf out of the book of FIFA and get off your arses and do something abt the NRL and ESL not releasing players on a regular basis

Razor

Coach
Yes it has.

Great Britain is classing it as a Test and will credit their players with a test cap. However New Zealand is not classing it as a test. To be a test match in the record books both countries playing must be classing it as a Test. Only 1 team is.

keeney

First Grade
The concern the Knights have, is unlike Origin, Carney will have to fly to the UK and back, all with the intention of playing in Knights games and the Test. They state that three games in a week plus 2 major flights is ridiculous, and would take his body a month to recover.

Really though, the ESL doesn'trelease Kiwi's so f**k em, I'd rather he played for us.

ali

Bench
keeney said:
The concern the Knights have, is unlike Origin, Carney will have to fly to the UK and back, all with the intention of playing in Knights games and the Test. They state that three games in a week plus 2 major flights is ridiculous, and would take his body a month to recover.

Really though, the ESL doesn'trelease Kiwi's so f**k em, I'd rather he played for us.

He should be released. Let's have some more class than the English clubs who don't release the Kiwi players. (In fairness they have been getting better).

The RLIF needs to get tough with clubs who don't release players for tests.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I agree with the Knights. In the end, Newcastle pay the wages. They have the final say. I am prepared to go with the Knights on this issue!

humpy

Juniors
If we want to get serious about the international game, have the test between GB & NZ in the same week as 1 of the SOO games, and give 4 teams a bye the week before (as will happen from next year). This will satisfy most clubs.

As for GB teams not releasing players for the AUS v NZ games, scrap the mid year test as it is a waste of time, and make sure the end of year tests do not coincide with their Grand Final. Therefore there should be no excuse.

Latest posts