What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Parramatta and Brian Smith Part Ways?

Should Parramatta and Brian Smith Part Ways?

• Yes, Definitely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, He'll Come Good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

eels_fan

First Grade
Screw your "dont comment just vote" crap

Your a tool .. did you even watch the game? Or have you just heard the score and run on here posting crap?? If you watched the game you would realise the fact we lost is probably as much Brian Smiths fault as it is the fans ..

Was it Brian's fault the Henderson lasted 5 seconds .. maybe he should have taught him not to put his head next to peoples knees

Was it Brian's fault that Morrison missed 45 minutes with an ankle injury??

Was it Brian's fault that Marsh injured his ankle too??

Maybe it is ... im guessing if you were Parramatta's coach you would make sure all the players could last a full 80mins and not need to be interchanged and still win a game...

Parrasque

Juniors
actually, you better reply as if noone does, the thread will be discarded and put on a new page. Could someone evry now and then after they vote, reply?
THANKS

Parrasque

Juniors
eels_fan said:
Screw your "dont comment just vote" crap

Your a tool .. did you even watch the game? Or have you just heard the score and run on here posting crap?? If you watched the game you would realise the fact we lost is probably as much Brian Smiths fault as it is the fans ..

Was it Brian's fault the Henderson lasted 5 seconds .. maybe he should have taught him not to put his head next to peoples knees

Was it Brian's fault that Morrison missed 45 minutes with an ankle injury??

Was it Brian's fault that Marsh injured his ankle too??

Maybe it is ... im guessing if you were Parramatta's coach you would make sure all the players could last a full 80mins and not need to be interchanged and still win a game...

Yes i did watch the game.

Was it Brians fault we had no idea what to do with the ball 10m out from our opponents like on numerous occasions...Yes

Was it Brians fault we gave South's their first win over us in 10 years, Yes.

Was it Brians fault we let the tigers, a side who very well may be this years wooden spooners, compete with us for the full 80 mins. Yes

How could it be the fans fault. They were not the one's playing and can you blame them for not getting excited when there side is losing to a VERY ordinary sharks team,

The team seamed lost, due to poor training which IS BRIANS FAULT!

bartman

Immortal
Won't get to watch the game for a day or two over here in UK.

But from reports and stats it was a close even game, we competed and were perhaps unlucky not to have another second half try?

Final results aside, until the team puts in two poor (eg v Souths) performances in a row, I think it's a bit premature (Round 3?) for this. Bring it back after Round 6 perhaps if warranted...

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
is the pope catholic???????

I think he will not be sacked yet but if we lose on friday night there will be imense pressure on him and if we lose by a big score we might be watchin brians last days as our coach!!!

Avenger

Immortal
The question is if we do not make the 8 this year will Brian be sacked or will he be a man and quit ?

Parrasque

Juniors
C'mon people everyone vote. If we get as many votes as possible we can see what the fans really want

eels_fan

First Grade
If we do not make the Top Eight im the first to say Brian Must Go .. buts its Round Three People ..

We started the 2001 season Win Loss Win Loss Win Loss for damn near 10 rounds .. yet we came good once it mattered .. theres nothing to suggest because we've lost 2 games in a row that all of a sudden we're gona run last all season

EASE UP EVERYONE

Eelectrica

Referee
Round 10 is when we have our first bye week. If a mid season change was to be made that would be the time. For mine 3 wins or less should see a change of coach as we would have nothing to lose. 4 wins or more we would still within striking distance of the top 8 teams.

So a 50% winning record starting from next week to the bye week or else.

Although I think we'll still be debating whether or not Smith should be our coach this time next year regardless of what happens.

lyon is a saint

Juniors
bartman said:
Won't get to watch the game for a day or two over here in UK.

But from reports and stats it was a close even game, we competed and were perhaps unlucky not to have another second half try?

Final results aside, until the team puts in two poor (eg v Souths) performances in a row, I think it's a bit premature (Round 3?) for this. Bring it back after Round 6 perhaps if warranted...

bartman it was just on sky sports....... i thourght the eels looked like they did'nt know what o do with the ball.

yes smith should go i dont like him...... each to there own cockles 8)

The thing is thought we played to our near best for the players that we have. Sad thing is Can't see us winning our next 2 games Penrith and Brisbane even if we play to the best of our ability :roll:

bartman

Immortal
lyon is a saint said:
bartman it was just on sky sports....... i thourght the eels looked like they did'nt know what o do with the ball.

Unfortunately we don't have a dish, and I couldn't find a pub opening early enough on Easter Saturday... so a wait for the NRL.com video gallery it must be.

I get text messages from my dad who goes to games, so I knew we didn't rip it up. But it sounds like an improvement on the match before, so hopefully another level of improvement will see a win next week, and back to the 50% ratio? Early days yet people...

strider

Post Whore
Jake the snake said:
The thing is thought we played to our near best for the players that we have. Sad thing is Can't see us winning our next 2 games Penrith and Brisbane even if we play to the best of our ability :roll:

I am starting to think that too.....our players are not as good as we think they are.

Hindy - gotta love him; he works his arse off; loyal; hard worker; great guy on and off the field.....but teams target him - he is not effective in attack these days.

Caylo - another great club man; trying hard....but again he's a shadow of his former self - not overly effective in attack and no where near the hit man he used to be in defence.

Wags - put a nice hit on late in the game - why can't we get that effort at the start.

Grothe - big strong - tries to run hard, but rarely has the space to wind up....has some tough times on defence - often comes up and gets nothing.

I think some of our guys are no where near what they used to be.....I think they are trying their hardest, but things aren't coming off.

We need a hit man - someone who will punish the opposition forwards early on or at least have them running around waiting to be hit...and we need players running hard onto the ball every set of six, not just standing and passing.

lyon is a saint

Juniors
bartman said:
lyon is a saint said:

Unfortunately we don't have a dish, and I couldn't find a pub opening early enough on Easter Saturday... so a wait for the NRL.com video gallery it must be.

I get text messages from my dad who goes to games, so I knew we didn't rip it up. But it sounds like an improvement on the match before, so hopefully another level of improvement will see a win next week, and back to the 50% ratio? Early days yet people...

o ok mate :thumnn

No give it till end of year if we cant make the top 8 the he can go. to early to predict anything yet. Week 1 dogs were the cream of the comp week 2 get smacked, then its all about the roosters in after round 2, they get smacked , its to early to predict.

We just need a little more options in attack we need to put the defending teams in 6 & 7's (not knowing who to tackle).

Only good news is that McKinnon might be back next week against panthers.

Smith must make some tough decisions and when a player has a bad week, give a youngster a go, its time to make players play for their position no one should be assured of a top grade.

Utey

Coach
No. Give it some time everyone. Just because we lose everyone brings up these threads about sacking Smith. Leavbe him there and do his job because he has the total support of the board. By the sounds of it he wont be fired so I am willing to see what he can do by the seasons end.

Latest posts