What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Parramatta and Brian Smith Part Ways?

Should Parramatta and Brian Smith Part Ways?

• Yes, Definitely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, He'll Come Good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pazzaeel

Juniors
i voted yes,but not because of last nights game, he should have been sacked a year ago.

to strider/jake the snake

last year i thought that everyone expected to much of us in regards to the playing roster we had, when we signed thorman and cannings etc.we all got so excited and talked these players up on their potential - and when they didnt live up to their potential we all said that our team is underperforming, when really our team was simply just crap, we didnt have a good side on paper.

This year however is different - look at all the stars in our team...players that have proved they are among the best in the game -riddel, tahu, morrison, marsh,hindmarsh add to that solid players/seasoned first graders such as stringer,morris and cayless and the excitment of tim smith and eric grothe and we are probably in the top 4 playing rosters. i dont see the bulldogs, broncos or the storm with completely star studded line ups, but their coaches all have the abiltiy to coach the team that they have successfully. they make do with what they have. any other coach would love the opportunity to have a playing roster like ours this year. it is brian smiths job to get these 17 players working as a unit. why cant he do that? our team just seems so far off the pace, and i would go as far to say that we a boring to watch? when was the last time we beat an average team comprehensively? when was the last time we had a game wrapped up at half time? when was the last time when we dominatedthe first 25mins of a game (such as last night) that it showed on the scoreboard?

I know im rambling, i know its proabably all been said before and to tell u the truth i dont even know what im trying to say??? ive followed the eels for the 21 years of my life and will always follow them, but i think that every eels fan has to admit that there is something seriously wrong with our club. we arent exciting, we dont have any structure, it seems that we go with the flow. its as if when we play it nots parra vs the other team, instead its our 17 players vs the other team (if u get what i mean).

sorry for this post

sportive cupid

Referee
Physique said:
C'mon people everyone vote. If we get as many votes as possible we can see what the fans really want
But it's not really up to the fans.It's up to the club.Brian Smith is not a politician and as such doesn't answer to a popularity poll.

scottyeel

Bench
pazzaeel said:
i voted yes,but not because of last nights game, he should have been sacked a year ago.

to strider/jake the snake

last year i thought that everyone expected to much of us in regards to the playing roster we had, when we signed thorman and cannings etc.we all got so excited and talked these players up on their potential - and when they didnt live up to their potential we all said that our team is underperforming, when really our team was simply just crap, we didnt have a good side on paper.

This year however is different - look at all the stars in our team...players that have proved they are among the best in the game -riddel, tahu, morrison, marsh,hindmarsh add to that solid players/seasoned first graders such as stringer,morris and cayless and the excitment of tim smith and eric grothe and we are probably in the top 4 playing rosters. i dont see the bulldogs, broncos or the storm with completely star studded line ups, but their coaches all have the abiltiy to coach the team that they have successfully. they make do with what they have. any other coach would love the opportunity to have a playing roster like ours this year. it is brian smiths job to get these 17 players working as a unit. why cant he do that? our team just seems so far off the pace, and i would go as far to say that we a boring to watch? when was the last time we beat an average team comprehensively? when was the last time we had a game wrapped up at half time? when was the last time when we dominatedthe first 25mins of a game (such as last night) that it showed on the scoreboard?

I know im rambling, i know its proabably all been said before and to tell u the truth i dont even know what im trying to say??? ive followed the eels for the 21 years of my life and will always follow them, but i think that every eels fan has to admit that there is something seriously wrong with our club. we arent exciting, we dont have any structure, it seems that we go with the flow. its as if when we play it nots parra vs the other team, instead its our 17 players vs the other team (if u get what i mean).

sorry for this post
That is an excellent post :clap:
I dont agree with our roster being amongst the top4 though, i would say probably 7th or 8th.
And in regards to last year, i think it was actually Smithy that talked our team up (even though he wouldnt come out and say we cant win) and told us how big is better and gave us high expectations.

The Whippet

Juniors
Well Brian Smith stated not to expect miracles from the team at the start of the season because there are a lot of new players and these combos take time to gel. Will be interesting to see how they go in a few weeks.

pazzaeel

Juniors
brian is covering his arse, we dont even look like gelling anyways.

des hasler, wayne bennet and shaun mcrae didnt need 6 weeks for their side to gel.

i dont wanna continuously bag out smithy, if he stays he stays...nothing we can do....but something has to change before we compete again, whether its smithy's coaching style or the team smith coaches, something has to change

Macca_

Coach
It doesn't matter what is voted here. Its not going to happen.

Weather your on the yes side or no side, it makes no difference. Hes here till 2007 its time to face reality and deal with it. Fitzy won't sack him cause it will cost to much I'm led to believe. And Smith won't step down cause he just won't (even though some think he should).

For the record, I'm now firmly on the fence on the issue... :)

Macca_

Parraletic

Juniors
He should have been let go at the end of lst year. Or he should have been given a coaching director's role like Gould, & have someone like JT take over as coach. I'd really love to see Laurie Daley have a go at caoching the Eels but I doubt he'll give up Fox Sports. Anyway, like Macca said, it won't happen anyway, regardless of what the fans think. Unless no one does'nt go to the games to watch them play, Brian will be coach until the end of 2006. I think he is a great coach but he has gone stale @ Parra & it is time for him to move on.

No. Give it some time everyone. Just because we lose everyone brings up these threads about sacking Smith. Leavbe him there and do his job because he has the total support of the board. By the sounds of it he wont be fired so I am willing to see what he can do by the seasons end.
I'm with him.

Reedy

Juniors
Brian Smith is not your problem.

The problem at parramatta stems from way up the top, Dennis Fitzgerald.

When you have who is probably the biggest idiot in the entire rugby league community running your club, you should expect no success. Wether you went on the biggest spending spree of any other club in the previous season or not.

Success starts at the top, and as long as you have that man at the top dont be tricked into thinking that anything will ever change.

scottyeel

Bench
Reedy said:
Brian Smith is not your problem.

The problem at parramatta stems from way up the top, Dennis Fitzgerald.

When you have who is probably the biggest idiot in the entire rugby league community running your club, you should expect no success. Wether you went on the biggest spending spree of any other club in the previous season or not.

Success starts at the top, and as long as you have that man at the top dont be tricked into thinking that anything will ever change.
Gee, Its like we never heard that before :roll:

lyon is a saint

Juniors
The Whippet said:
Well Brian Smith stated not to expect miracles from the team at the start of the season because there are a lot of new players and these combos take time to gel. Will be interesting to see how they go in a few weeks.

The whippet :lol: ...... more like "The Muppet" :lol:

first i think your excuse is rubbish and i also dont like people who support thugs.... so do one

TERRY HILL :evil:

The Worm

Juniors
Can we please wait until the second half of the year to start discussing this. It's boring. After three rounds its a bit early to say.