What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Sidhe keep the matrix kicking system????

Should Sidhe keep the matrix kicking system for next version?

• Yes, it is perfect!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, go back to regular kicking!!!!!!!!!

• Keep it but it needs to be much improved with a quicker release!!!!!!!!!!!

• Total voters

lionmaul

Juniors
I think the matrix kicking system is very innovative but, it does have flaws when it comes to actual game play. Usually when they use a kick in Rugby league it is a very quick motion, and sometimes even suprising sneeky motion. I think the matrix system could stay but with much improvment, for example I think the kicking should slow down according to the kickers stats, the better the kicker the more the "Opponent" slows down, and I think keeping the same view as your playing and not a close up would be the better option. You simply need to be able to pull of quicker kicks.

Cheers and Salu

inertia666

Juniors
interesting addition there lionmaul.

personally, i like the idea of slowed down game play because positional kicking in real time just isn't going to work out.

i would like to see a different kick mode that you can activate rather than one of the other.

Eels Dude

Coach
I like the kicking system at the moment, with a few minor changes it could be perfected. Kickers should stand further back when receiving the ball for the a kick, especially on the last tackle attacking 5 metres out from the tryline. The defence in a lot of cases just gets to them so fast. Perhaps just have another option such as quickly tapping the kick key to put in a quick kick could help.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Keep it, but if anything, slow the game down further.

Also have a pass to playmaker button, and have him stand back further.

ripper

also have a decent animation for when the AI kicks into touch, it looks munted when they run 10m before they kick it

Paullyboy

Coach
The kicking system is great I think, the biggest problem is you have no idea where the ball is going to land and you cant really control your players chasing it well at all. If they had a marker for where the ball is going to land like all other games, and also made it easier to change players when chasing a kick it would be perfect.

Parra_Boy

Juniors
Also the fact that you can't cancel your kick. I reckon you should be able to shape for a kick but be able to hit the pass button and pass the ball.

..::ERIC::..

Juniors
I would like to see the grubber arrow replaced with the bomb circle thing so you can get a good idea of how deep your kick will be. I think the matrix kick slows the game down, it would be a good idea for it to be turned on and off as the user desires. There will always be people who love it or don't like it so as an option it could suit all.

Goleel

Juniors
Pity kicking in a 2 player game means death... against the AI kicking is a great tactic though in WCR. Players need to kick a little quicker in RL, and forwards really need to get less distance on their kicks, actually less distance in general would be good, its very easy to kick 40/20's, bombs need a bit of refinement too, and a jumping button to make contesting them some fun. I say keep the slow mo kicking though, its great being able to put a kick exactly where you want it if you have the time to kick it.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
As I have said before. I think that the system should work like this:

Be dramatically slowed down but the instant that the button is pressed the player cannot kick very far at all and is extremely inaccurate only has a couple of angles to choose from. As the button is held down the kicking will be more accurate and able to be longer. These factors will be dependant on the two stats of General kicking power and General kicking accuracy.

I agree with Gol on the bomb and forward kicking.

Gubbers also need a dive button could be the same and players need a momentum and strength attribute to decide goal line events.

Dragon

Coach
Question for furrycat -

What changes have you made to the kicking system in RL: Unleashed?

Will it be easier to pull off bombs/chips and grubbers?

I ask because whenever i put up a bomb aim it left, it goes right and vice versa. Chips are impossible it seems.

Cheers

Dragon

Coach
As soon as you press and hold the kick button, things go into a matrix-esqu slow-mo style, giving you time to place your kick. The better the player (ie Johns), the more 'bullet time' you have.

Paullyboy

Coach
I can do chips, but ive found they are too hard to get back so i dont bother. I do however have massive problems with knowing where any bombs are going to go.

Dragon

Coach
I know how to do them, just have never regathered one. thought someone might've known a trick to pull them off.

Latest posts