What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should the Kiwis accept Hunt back?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Iafeta said:
True, again on Webb. He shouldn't have been able to play for the Kiwis.

My point is though, when the opportunity arose he grabbed it with both hands and grabbed with pride and dignity. His comments and from what he's said seem to suggest he hasn't taken it because he couldn't crack it elsewhere, but because he feels a general affiliation, pride and honour in the Kiwis jersey and in New Zealand.

cutie was fairly black and white the other way, and even now only says "I'll talk to them", talk to THEM? THEM is a strong word. Even then, what's there to talk about...
Settle down William Wallace.:p

ali

Bench
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
Not really. Hunt decided he wanted to play for Queensland, then since he isn't good enough to play for them he wants to play for New Zealand. And New Zealand RL, being the weak organisation they are, will welcome him back. Pathetic IMO.

Plus he really isn't anything that special, a guy who jumps 30cm in the air before putting on a step that never seems to beat anyone. I'd only welcome him back if it was him or Vagana at fullback :lol:

Just makes more a of a joke out of the international game.

What's a joke about it? This is a 19 year old kid who is eligable to play for 2 countries in no matter what sport he chooses to play. If he signs for Union next season, as has been suggested, we could have a situation where the kid plays for the Kiwis this year and the Wallabies in a couple of years time.

So I don't quite see where the joke is.

Anyway, the Kiwis would be mad to turn him down. Here is a 19 year old kid with 2 seasons of first grade under his belt. Ok he hasn't quite lived up to the hype around him, but still looks a fine prospect to me. NZ are lacking in players with passing and kicking games. They should jump at the chance to get him committed to NZ.

rabs

Staff member
he was just a kid when he made the 'wrong' decision to abandon NZ, so I hope the officials are man enough to let him play where he belongs!

doogiehowser_md said:
Yeah I quite like the combo you have there the problem is who will do the kicking? cutie can kick

hohia can kick, webb can kick.

cutie will have to improve his defence first. can't have hunt and marshall in the same team. and i would have marshall before hunt.

Lowey3

Juniors
He wants to play for the world's number one team, who can argue with that ? best of luck to the guy.

dannyboy

Juniors
Lowey3 said:
He wants to play for the world's number one team, who can argue with that ? best of luck to the guy.

You need sharper hooks and better bait to catch southern ocean biters. Stick to your rivers and ice fishing

Lowey3

Juniors
dannyboy said:
You need sharper hooks and better bait to catch southern ocean biters. Stick to your rivers and ice fishing

Remind me who won the Tri Nations ?

Nuff said!

choc_soldier

Coach
It's all about doing it for the right reasons. If he has rescinded on his previous comments and now wants to devote all his energies to playing for the Kiwis and forget about Origin, then yes.

But if he's just saying it because he can't get into the Maroons team, then a big flat no.

His passion to the cause would be questioned, for a start. I have seen how Kiwi players grow a foot taller when they put on that black jumper. It's great stuff.

Iafeta

Referee
Parra panther, couldn't agree more. If it's for the right reasons... for sure.

But...

"If they offer me a position, obviously I would consider it. I wouldn't just say no," Hunt said. "If the opportunity arises and they ask me, I definitely will consider it."

This isn't like going for an interview at a TelCo hoping to get a job. This is a matter of where the heart lies. You shouldn't need to be asked. From that comment alone, to my way of thinking his conviction is not strong enough.

Latest posts