What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should the NRL make 9 show Friday semi LIVE?

Should the NRL make 9 show it live?

• Yes.

Votes: 70 88.6%
  • No.

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Baron Vo Mandor said:
I can understand nines logic as lots of people get home or down to the pub late on a friday night and they would loose massively if it was shown 5:30-6:30 timeslot.
5:30 is a bit different to 6:30. It could be on at 6.30.

Besides, it's the APEC public holiday, so Sydneysiders aren't at work. Why can't they show it live in Sydney and delayed in Qld (and on NBN/WIN or whoever 9 is for the regional areas) if that is their concern?

I would be lucky to get home by 5:30pm most days but the way it normally is the game won't start before 5:45pm anyway, it least Warriors fans would get home at a decent hour if it started at 7:30pm their time.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
parra-matters said:
I would be lucky to get home by 5:30pm most days but the way it normally is the game won't start before 5:45pm anyway, it least Warriors fans would get home at a decent hour if it started at 7:30pm their time.

Truth be told that late kick off helps us avoid some hellish traffic.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Muffdaddy said:
They could start the coverage @ 7pm and show a highlighted 1st 1/2 package in order to make up time so we get the 2nd half live.
So every time the ball is out of play, in the 1st half, they can cut to the next set, or straight to the ball popping out of the scrum, etc, etc. By 730pm, we would be ready for the 2nd half and we'd be watching it live.

I don't mind the idea but the logistics would be difficult

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
After hearing from the Kiwi's on here, I don't understand what is wrong with an 8.30 kickoff, 6.30 tv time?

Anyone? What is on channel 9 at 6.30 that is so important?

Muffdaddy

Juniors
I think we're probably gonna get the whole thing delayed. At least with my idea, we get the 2nd half live. Yes it may be hard, but there are some people at 9 getting paid big bucks, so I'm sure they could come up with something if they put their heads together.
Think about the amount of 'real' footy we see anyway. When it comes to getting the 2nd half completely live, I'm sure we could put up with missing the odd scrum feed, or ball being retrieved by a ball boy after a penalty, or watching a million replays of Steve Price hit ups in the 1st half. Its an innovative way of getting the most out of live footy. If I may say so myself.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Muffdaddy said:
but there are some people at 9 getting paid big bucks, so I'm sure they could come up with something if they put their heads together.
They got what they wanted!

Delay = more ads for 9.

It's Gallop that has once again rolled over for the tv, despite the contract.

I doubt that Kerry would have put up with this for the cricket!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
A very popular and highly intellectual, journalistic program with the highest integrity. Of course that is actually the opposite of what ACA is.

RalthFilthy

Juniors
B-Tron 3000 said:
After hearing from the Kiwi's on here, I don't understand what is wrong with an 8.30 kickoff, 6.30 tv time?

Anyone? What is on channel 9 at 6.30 that is so important?
ACA APEC crap.:x

Ice777

Bench
FFS people it's only a half an hour for christ's sake. We aren't even getting the Storm v Brisbane game live down here and won't be shown until midnight Sunday and you're whinging about a half hour?

I'm going to the game on Sunday so it won't affect me but i'm sure there'll be fans that can't make it for some reason or another and won't be able to watch it on tv unless they stay up until midnight. Not to mention the missed opportunity in regards to exposure of not only the Storm but the game of rugby league itself had the game been on live. Yep, way to grow the game down here Dave :roll:

I recorded the game last night and watched it back today and in the after match wrap up Greg Alexander had no idea as to why we in the crowd booed Gallop last night when he came on to present us with the shield. The fact that we can't get our teams first final shown down here on Channel 9 until 8 hours after kick off might go a fair way to answering your question Brandy.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
It's not about the fact it's only half an hour. There's more to it than that.

First, once again the NRL has been bent over by a tv network. No backbone = no future.

Second, how can you watch this in a pub if there is a chance that some twit will tell you the score?

Third, there has been debate here about the whole free-to-air, anti-syphoning stuff for years, and this is the reason why. You don't want to show it live, then give it up!

action_hero

Juniors
It should not only be live but without ads as well.

Gus can run through the tries at half time,that'll take about two and a half minutes.
That leaves seven and a half minutes for vb and insurance ads.
The NRL can extend the halftime break from ten to 15 minutes and that would give 9 twelve and a half minutes of ads.Thats more than enough.

And no going to an ad just when the ball is kicked over the sideline.

B-Tron 3000 said:
Second, how can you watch this in a pub if there is a chance that some twit will tell you the score?
Don't worry about some twit telling you the score, yesterday in the eels broncos game during a ad break up here on NBN the news about said " and in sport, Parramatta flog the Broncos" The telecast still had 27mins of game time left and the score wasn't that far apart at the time (12points I think). The bloody tv station gives the score the idoits!

yeah but nine advertised the Final series as LIVE and exclusive.
And the NRL don't have the balls to enforce it.

Hindyscrack

Bench
parra-matters said:
Don't worry about some twit telling you the score, yesterday in the eels broncos game during a ad break up here on NBN the news about said " and in sport, Parramatta flog the Broncos" The telecast still had 27mins of game time left and the score wasn't that far apart at the time (12points I think). The bloody tv station gives the score the idoits!

That freaken pissed me off big time!