What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should we chase Daly Cherry-Evans?

Goddy

Juniors
I know there is a mountain of things standing against this, not the least of which the Broncs making it perfectly clear we won't be going after the young Halfback even if he does leave Manly, which is looking less likely now then a couple of days ago....

BUT, strictly hypothetically, if Cherry-Evans did leave Manly, and was open season for all the clubs, would we be stupid not to chase him? I guess your opinion would stem on your view of Normans performance as Five/Eighth.

Personally, as much as I would be willing to give Norman his shot going off his form so far, it's hard to look past the player that was a big part of leading Manly to last years Premiership. If Civo is retiring at the end of the year, which is the most likely scenario, I reckon we should go after him, all guns blazing.

We seem to have already missed out on a golden opportunity to right a very big wrong and gain back Dave Taylor, but with the Titans staring down the barrel, anything is still possible there.

some11

Referee
I wanted it to happen badly but it wont. Manly aren't stupid - hes going nowhere.

Nightward

Juniors
No.

Norman's coming along quite well. There's never going to be a quick or easy way to replace a player of Lockyer's status.

diddi kong

Juniors
re signing wallace so early was dumb. should have waited to see if he was capable of stepping up, DCE is a gun and would be a great scalp, underpriced when compared with cronk

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
No.

Norman's coming along quite well. There's never going to be a quick or easy way to replace a player of Lockyer's status.

Who said anything about getting rid of Norman? In my view it would be DCE in and Wallace out. In my mind Wallace will never be anything more than a solid player. Norman's potential is yet to be realised.

Hook is pretty determined to keep the current side together, doesn't look as though we are going to sign anyone from outside.

JamesBrandy

Juniors
I'd rather lock up Beale and Te'o and keep the current squad together. Norman has been great so far and will only get better.

I'd love to see Cherry-Evans in the side, but we'd have a hard time affording him.

Mr Saab

Referee
Beale and Teo are no great losses IMO.
I would love DCE at Brisbane, but it wont happen.

JamesBrandy

Juniors
I agree, but they've invested in re-signing Wallace, Norman and Hunt which will probably put it out of the question.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I'd love for us to get Cherry-Evans but I can't see it happening now.

"Now"........ being the operative word. DCE's Manly contract is up at the end of 2014.

Wallace's contract is up at the end of 2014

tick tock tick tock............

Big Pete

Referee
:lol: Could you imagine the contract negotiation.

'Alright Daley just so we're clear, you want 400K, sponsership from NRMA, some Nike gear and Snappy's left testicle. Anything else?'

AuDragon

Juniors
I'm way too attached to my jewels, but I can promise he gets dibs on one of my kidneys if he ever needs one... ;-)

Nightward

Juniors
Might have more cap space now Beale is leaving.

Maybe. But we still need to re-sign Ben Te'o, and I think Gillett and company are up at the end of 2013 so they may look to top up existing salaries if there is any room left over from minimum wage; Beale isn't going to have been paid an incredible amount of money, after all.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I woould love him but I would rather the broncos retain their own, even with Beale leaving he wouldn't have been on a massive salary so there's no point in saying that because hes leaving we can now afford him. He is a great player but realistically its not going to happen

AceAv

Juniors
Well DCE is a QLD'er -So it all comes down to if he wants to come home. I feel him and Fouren have formed an amazing combo and he would be wanting to stay. I am pretty certain Manly will pull out the big bux to keep him in.

We'll see DCE play Origin in a year or so. That would be enuff for me!