What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should we throw a lifeline to Sandow?

Kiwi

First Grade
I think sandow would go alright behind our pack. We have problem getting into attacking positions. We have trouble converting that into points. Sandow would certainly add more to our attack even in the short term. Sign him for a year or two. I'm sure the eels would rather pay 200k to have Sandow gone than 500k to have him in reserves.

Remember the eels forward pack isn't exactly any good and hardly ever performs

Big Pete

Referee
Only thing Sandow will deliver us is a wooden spoon.

How's he doing at Parra right now?

There is some real grass admirers in this thread.

unbreaK

Juniors
I dunno about some people in this thread, we're bottom 4 this season with the Prince/Wallace/Hunt combination, why would it be any different next year? I dunno whether Barba (If he comes) and Kennedy (If he comes) will be able to take us from a bottom 4 side to a top 4 side...

For the record I don't rate Sandow and think he's dog shit, but he's still young and has decent speed, something we severely lack, I can't see a Sandow / Hunt combination being any worse than a Prince / Hunt combination.. But I also can't see is it bringing us to be a top 8 team, let alone a top 4 team, maybe in 2015 when we sign some decent players.

tl;dr Sandow is shit, but something has to change, I can't watch another season of Prince and/or Wallace.

Big Pete

Referee
Sandow has never ever played in the finals and has been dropped for the second time by a team that has won and is about to win it's second consecutive wooden spoon.

Hunt has finally been given a shot in the halves and looked very promising. Let's pump the breaks for a second, Sandow is not the answer.

Big Pete

Referee
Prince, Wallace, Taylor, Faiud, Cullen, Nikorima, Spaander anyone over paying $350K for a chump like Sandow.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Sandow has never ever played in the finals and has been dropped for the second time by a team that has won and is about to win it's second consecutive wooden spoon.

Hunt has finally been given a shot in the halves and looked very promising. Let's pump the breaks for a second, Sandow is not the answer.

To be fair, I don't think sandow is the sole reason for the wooden spoon. However the reason we are struggling this season is the halves (and Macca. And Maranta...).

I haven't read a single post on this thread that suggests sandow is the "answer". However, I've read a few that suggests we might suck a bit less in 2014 with him on a 1 year contract.

If we had dce or Milford lined up for 2014 we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Big Pete

Referee
If he isn't the answer then why sign him? For the chance that he could be better? There is a fair chance that he could be worse and it's all there in the pudding.

unbreaK

Juniors
Who's more developed out of Ash Taylor and Cameron Cullen? Let's just throw one of them in the deep end, can't be any worse than Prince or Wallace

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Who's more developed out of Ash Taylor and Cameron Cullen? Let's just throw one of them in the deep end, can't be any worse than Prince or Wallace

Cullen has been playing some QLD cup this year, so I assume his development would be well ahead of Taylor's. From all reports Cullen has been going well there too.

unbreaK

Juniors
1. Byrnes
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Hunt
7. Cullen

Wouldn't mind seeing Byrnes get a shot.

broncos2010

Juniors
Anyone who actually believes Hunt is going to lead us to a premiership are kidding themselves.
He is not a top quality halve back that can steer the team to success.

I am pretty sure most of have forgoted Sandow in his prime a couple seasons ago before he went to parra was one of the best halves in the comp at that time, its hard to be good behind the eels pack,you could play JT or Cronk at the eels same result.