What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Showcasing international football to the world

I've got an idea of how the NRL best football competition in the world can help showcase the smaller international nations to the world.

As we know NRL is the number one best football competiton in the world and we've got footballers like Joey Johns who is by far the best footballer in the world.

When the worlds best football competition the NRL is televising it's games to every TV set,in every home,in every country in the world the NRL should put on some international football and allow the TV comapaies to broadcast them.

They should bring over international football sides and play them against each other before NRL games

For Example

before say NQ v Knights they could put on a game between ay Lebaanon and USA

or

before Bronco's v St George they could put on say Singapore v Morocco

or before Wests v Paramatta they coud put on Greece v italy

And so on....

These games would have to teklevised around the world along with the NRL he best foootball competition in the world but it would add much value to the TV rights and bring the viewers all the enjoyment of international football.

roopy

Referee
I would vote for it.

With us two on board, that leaves just 5,999,999,998 people in the world to convince.

No I'm not taking the piss I just thinks its a good way of getting international football onto peoples TV screens all over the world whilst watching the worlds best football competition the NRL.

Got any better ideas brains

dibviking

Juniors
thats actually a decent idea if ive understood it correctly,
when you say football you actually mean rugby league? so there would be international rugby league before NRL games, then that would be top banana!

PS. ROOPY did you get my PM, first one ive sent so not sure if it actually worked?!

Tomahawk

Staff member
Hey I think a great way to promot the sport in the US is to get games telavised on ESPN. What the hell the show the Wold Serious of Poker, and now paintball. I think they coulf find a spot to put some NRL, and Iternational games on sometime.

I think if the American people saw RL on TV they would love it.

DACSSDOWN

Juniors
Good idea. I actually have one very similar, but using SOO instead of NRL games. It was more for the build up to the world cup in Aus. If we used the pulling power of SOO as an opportunity to stage some Int games from some of the smaller nations it would give the game exposure on several levels. The fans would see what teams are actually out there and perhaps start following them (as a second team??), and would give the smaller nations' teams the chance to experience big game atmosphere. They could even be "teamed up" with either NSW/QLD the week before the games, seeing the training etc. This would also see fans start to follow specific teams. Just a thought.

Latest posts