What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shrek signed with Roosters

The Colonel

Immortal
At a reported $450,000 I'm not surprised - be interesting to see how he goes as Fittler would be the only highl;y paid recruit that has acheived a lot for the Roosters. They have done better getting players from other clubs who are on the first grade fringes.

The Colonel

Immortal
Jake the snake said:
So the Bulldogs will now be on the hunt for a replacement/s. They will no doubt be looking at our PL squad.

There is that possibility or they may be looking to shore up who they have. You need to get over your paranoia - because we won't be able to keep everyone and every other club watches every others PL sides anyway.

Gronk

Staff member
Shrek can play, but no better than our PL forwards (Richie, Junior & Justin) in the go forward stakes. The difference is that Shrek (like the king Webke) has the endurance to go hard for most of the match. Cayless has been like that of late.

The Colonel

Immortal
Seem to remember him getting hammered last year against our Premier League pack actually or may have been the year before. :lol:

He would have been a great pick up but at $450,000 he'd be needing to play 28 games a year at the least and 70 minutes for each of them to gain maximum benefit. OK slight exageration but its a lot of money for a prop. He'd also be the highest paid player at the club and given Hindys standing that doesn't seem right in my eyes.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
So the Bulldogs will now be on the hunt for a replacement/s. They will no doubt be looking at our PL squad.

they can have Tsolous if they want?? :lol:

V1er

Juniors
roosters are slowly getting the dogs pack, anista, Myles, charlie tonga now o'merely.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Roosters are clearly desperate and with good cause after watching what Nutley and Beattie have offered up thus far.

Saints look like they may lose Ryles to the UK and Wicks to Bulldogs or Titans.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Willie Mason might now say "Omeley wants to be a one team man at the roosters " :lol:

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I was actually speaking with a mate and we agreed we could easily chase two decent props for that money. I used the example of Josh Miller (at the raiders) and Scott Geddes (souths). They don't have to be the players but it is a point.

I really hope we chase Luke O'Donnell hard. Adds the hardness we need and would be a great foil for Hindy

The Colonel

Immortal
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
I was actually speaking with a mate and we agreed we could easily chase two decent props for that money. I used the example of Josh Miller (at the raiders) and Scott Geddes (souths). They don't have to be the players but it is a point.

Geddes, Miller, Danny Wicks, Garret Crossman, Brett White, Shane Shackleton, Matthew White, Chris Houston, Dan Hunt......

There are some good value props, money wise and ability wise, in the NRL and off contract.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Geddes, Miller, Danny Wicks, Garret Crossman, Brett White, Shane Shackleton, Matthew White, Chris Houston, Dan Hunt......

There are some good value props, money wise and ability wise, in the NRL and off contract.

Sorry Colonel but I don't know if those boys(Miller and Geddes) are off contract. I was just using names.

Does anyone have props off contract.

BTW I would pay 300k for Jason Ryles as a yardage prop (I can't believe I just said that as I used to think he was a cat)

Latest posts