What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shrek signed with Roosters

bartman

Immortal
O'Meley looks a bit of a nob in that photo in/on the Telegraph, with his Bulldogs tat showing proudly. He's gonna feel stupid at Roosters training (or anywhere else).

He should've got it done on his butt cheek instead, or been in touch with the modern game and just had one of a dollar sign...

eel01s

Bench
eelavation said:
eel01s said:
I don't doubt you mate, but I really can't believe this!

I can understand the Club wanting to see how serveral players perform THIS year before offering contracts for next year and beyond, but Tahu's departure alone means that they could buy one high profile, or two or three "up and comers".
there needs to be a balance between re-signing/upgrades of players and signing external players, we cannot do both without having to sacrifise players we like to keep. What you need to understand is that players like Blake and Feleti will be on top ups if they end up staying, Eric played for Australia since his last contract so he'll be on more money, Caylo, Hindy and pig have also re-signed...you also need to understand that flegg players such as Taulima Tautai will command more money next year as they are effectively not part of the top 25...he will, by rights, become a new signing even though he's still at the club.

To add to that, Keating, Hodkinson, tony Williams, Tim Mannah and Jonathon Wright may all be considerd in the top 25 next year depending on how they perform this year and at the moment, they're doing quite well.

People automatically assume that we lose Tahu and sign O'Donnell and everything will be sweet...but you try signing Feleti at the same money he's on while you make a puchase like O'Donnell??

Last year we lost 15 or so players...but think about it other than Morrison and Stringer none of them were on big contracts, even Widders was on Jack schit...yet apart from the 4 purchases we made we had to upgrade Hayne who's on big money now, Feleti, INU, Blake, Weller and Zeb who were not part of the top 25 but are now due to upgrades and potential bonusses when they play firstgrade.

those blokes were effectively new signings to add to Finch, Hindmarsh, Lowrie and Faa'osso as they weren't part of the top 25 last year.

Thanks for the explanation Eelavation, that makes sense. It seems the Eels are banking alot on their junior talent. If things go to plan, Parra see's this year as a rebuilding year,shaping a new side for the next 3 years. A new version of the 2000 Baby Eels, so to speak.

Stagger eel

Staff member
eel01s said:
eelavation said:
eel01s said:
I don't doubt you mate, but I really can't believe this!

I can understand the Club wanting to see how serveral players perform THIS year before offering contracts for next year and beyond, but Tahu's departure alone means that they could buy one high profile, or two or three "up and comers".

Thanks for the explanation Eelavation, that makes sense. It seems the Eels are banking alot on their junior talent. If things go to plan, Parra see's this year as a rebuilding year,shaping a new side for the next 3 years. A new version of the 2000 Baby Eels, so to speak.

refer Penrith, Saints and Canberra..Parra aren't the only ones.