What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sick of it!

Listen I know we were absoulutely rubbish but in the end the refs did decide what the end result was. They were the ones to deny JC the try, they were the ones to send Milne off, they were the ones giving penalties to Parra for no good reason.

BTW, Finch: We are sick of giving YOU the benifit of the doubt.

Yes we were poor but in the end none of us would be ranting on like this if we had won. David furner, pull yourself together. Stop with playing with kelly. Why on earth did you take off Waddell when he was 20x better than Flano.

The bottom line is refs are ruining the NRL!

sorry for exaggerating a little!

shear_joy9

Coach
the final straw that had me putting the fist through the wall was how it took him 23 seconds to call time off in that final scrum.

I'm sure Don will be giving finch a call during the week; speed dial #1 I'm sure

It will be the same sh*t next week , the refs never get it wrong.
I know we should be able to beat the dud calls , but it just gets so hard doing all the time.
Benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking team , unless you are canberra , every time we go to the video ref I sit there sh*tting myself knowing they will give it no try. Its beyond belief. i give up.

My missus asks me why I keep going back , Im starting to wonder.

No really I love my raiders , I just hate the refs.

Avenger

Immortal
You guys were the better side. The ref did have a shocker. That 10 minutes in the sinbin was an awful decision. The no try to that little keg of a winger was touch and go. I thought he was short but it should have been a ref's call. He was 1 metre from it.

Macko8

Juniors
You guys were the better side. The ref did have a shocker. That 10 minutes in the sinbin was an awful decision. The no try to that little keg of a winger was touch and go. I thought he was short but it should have been a ref's call. He was 1 metre from it.

It should of been benefit of the doubt try.
any other f**king team would have been awarded 4 points.
f**ked up video ref,who was the donkey anyway??

bigfoot

Juniors
Chins up Raiders fans. You were the better team tonight in absolutely every way and deserved the win; completely ripped off.
You won't be the only team ripped off against the Eels this year though, so hopefully it balances itself out by the end of the year... :roll:
I know what it feels like to be a supporter of a scapegoat club that has every single 50/50 decision go against them, etc.
Good luck for next week, and the rest of the season. :) I think you guys could go ok this year (Top 8), despite not getting off to the best start (not entirely your fault. :x).

Ike E Bear

Juniors
As an Eels fans, all I can say is sorry. The Raiders were the better team and there were some shocking ref calls.

David Milne got a really rough call on that sinbinning. (As an aside, I was friends with his older sisters and remember when he was about eight years old. Doubt he'd remember me. Hahahaha) He's a good egg and will continue to be a valuable asset to the Raiders.

I reckon there were a good number of forward passes that Flanagan got away with. Waddell seems a talent, hopefully he'll get more opportunity in the future.

A joyless match. :(

Good luck for the rest of the season (especially since we don't play again in the ordinary rounds hahaha).

Timbo

Staff member
I can't blame the referee...

We should not have capitulated like that. That was shocking.

Unlucky Guys, we have been on the wrong end of matches like last a few times so I know how you feel.
Carney's should have been Ref's Call, the sin bin call was a rushed decision by a rookie ref.
While I'm glad we won i feel for you raiders fans, you were the better team on the night but need to play for the full 80mins something our club didn't do the entire season last year. Best of luck next week.

Bay56

First Grade
I haven't seen the full game yet as I was at a weeding last night but that's three games I now have on IQ that I wont be dubbing down to DVD.

We've developed a nice old habit of shooting ourselves in the foot after the half time break ... I suggest maybe that DF remains in the coaching box at half time as it is quite obvious his "words of wisdom" are not hitting the mark ... maybe I should offer my services :lol:

As far as the refs are concerned yea we might be getting a few bad decisions but quite frankly I've gone past the time I used to blame them for our loses ... we've got to win games off our own efforts and dont give the ref a chance to hang the clangers on us (case in point being the TIgs game where we made two silly errors in the 2nd half which gave the ref a chance to rule Tuiaki not tackled).

Anyway it's in DF's hands ... he'll be the coach that leads us out of the bad start or due to his inexperience as a FG coach take us 5 steps back before we make a few steps forward (ie much of the same that we have been experiencing over the past decade and a bit).

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Yeah I was gutted but regardless of how sh*t the refs were if Croker holds on to the ball we win so yeah.... :(
Good to see Eels fans here with a good/respectful attitude thanx guys wont catch the roosters doing doing the same! :)

trev

Juniors
There are two ways to look at all of this.

First is to continually blame the ref's, which, in the case of last night's game is very easy to do because in my opinion, the ref's were damn ordinary...one of the worst games I have ever seen for reffing. Seems that the ref's feel they are what everyone goes to the footy to see, not the players.

Second is that the Raiders need to grow some and get their s**t together when things go bad. Anyone who has ever played a sport involving reffing, they know that they will NEVER beat the ref...their call is final and you have to get on with it, regardless of whether it's correct or not.

Whilst I can't stand the Storm as a team, they are one of the teams that get on with it when things go against them. The Broncos are another team that do the same.

I watch the Raiders play and feel like they are at 80%. Teams like the Storm and Broncos, more often than not, play at 100% and NEVER back off. They might pull-off a set play or a piece of individual briliance to get them home.

Basically all I'm saying is that whilst the reffing is very ordinary, the Raiders or any other team, will never change that. It's in the Raiders hands to lift above all of that and 'get on with it', just like the higher-ranked teams in the comp.

I agree with what your saying , but the teams like Manly , Storm , bronco's seem to gett the better calls, they get the 50/50 calls going their way. But we need to play better so we can over come the dud calls. Its so frustrating though watching it year after year.

trev

Juniors
Agree with what you're saying there too. The 'better' teams do typically get the better calls and it's something I notice too. At times last year the Raiders were getting some pretty decent calls too.

The way the game is, you will never beat a ref, and in the end, it all comes down to mental toughness.

On an aside note, the Raiders don't really have an a**hole on the team, someone who gives the team that 'edge' in aggression. Todd Carney was good for that. Not going on about the Todd Carney thing, just making an observation as they are generally a bunch of 'nice guys'. Nev Costigan was good for it, he brought a bit of aggression to the team...

hindy111

Post Whore
Hey do use want finch back ? hahahaha
I tell you what campese is a player.Dam shame things didnt work out with carney cause if had a decent halfback use would be carving teams up

Dazraider

Juniors
What I was very Pissed off about was Finch saying we was terrific and they was aweful.

what a nerve this tosser has got saying that.

if we was so terrifc we would of won the game you dickhead

Latest posts