What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side of the future

1eyedeel

Juniors
Can I just add that everybody left Craig Stapleton out. He's just about been the best interchange forward in the comp this year. I don't think he's made a mistake all year yet.

CrazyEel

Bench
Eels Dude said:
With a combination of young blokes and current players it would be interesting to see what kind of side we could field next year and beyond. I'd have a mix of youth and experience, stop getting these waste of space imports from other clubs and rather look in our own backyard

1. Luke Burt
2. Eric Grothe
3. David Vaealiki
4. Ben Smith
5. Brett Anderson
6. Michael Witt
7. Tim Smith
8. Aaron Cannings
9. John Morris
10. Justin Tsoulos
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Nathan Cayless
13. Feleti Mateo

14. Michael Vella
15. Chris Armit
16. Lee Hopkins
17. Daniel Wagon

I really like that team with the exception that your missing Ash Grahame. Swap Ash for Anderson or Burt and that would do me. I also agree that we have to stop the current flood of wothless imports every year, the high turnover is just disrupting the club. Better to look for the odd quality addition rather than relying on mass quantity.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Crazy: I'd go with Ash over Burt but in saying that don't really want to see Burt dropped, so my shift Burt to the bench and drop Wagon.

Phillips

Referee
my side 1-2 yrs from now:

1. Graham
2. Vainikolo
3. Grothe
4. Whatuira
5. Utai
6. Thorman
7. Witt
8. Cannings
9. Morris
10. Fielden
11. Hindmarsh
12. Cayless (c)
13. Morrison

14. Stapleton
15. Moimoi
16. Pritchard
17. Hopkins

Reserves
Burt - Langi - Muckert - Pai - Mateo - Tookey

Pazza

First Grade
1.Ashley Graham
2.Brett Anderson
3.Ben Smith
4.David Vaealiki
5.Eric Grothe
6.Tim Smith
7.Matt Orford
8.Aaron Cannings
9.John Morris
10.Craig Stapleton
11.Nathan Hindmarsh
12.Nathan Cayless
13.Feleti Mateo

14.Michael Witt
15.Chris Armit
16.Jack Afamagsama
17.Justin Tsoulos

Coach: John Cartwright

Hopefully Parramatta can field this side for round 1 of 2005. I think the backline is young and fresh, hopefully they can stay tight in defence. The halves and Fullback are IMO crazy, the ball movement and creativity is 5 star. We have all seen what Matt Orford can do, i rate him just under Johns and Gower, Orford has a great ability to take control of a game and he has the kind of short passing and running game Parramatta are missing in the halves. Ashley Graham has a huge long passing game which can really be used to great affect assisting Smith and Orford. While Tim Smith has been getting huge wraps by people on this forum and i trust the peoples judgement. The forward pack is big, mobile and hard working. Apart from Cannings and Tsoulos i dont see any fitness issues and most of them are very solid players.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I doubt Orford will get signed

Witt
Thorman
Tim Smith
and Blake Green are all talented young halfbacks coming through

Pazza

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
I doubt Orford will get signed

Witt
Thorman
Tim Smith
and Blake Green are all talented young halfbacks coming through

None of them have been proven to be anywhere near the quality of Orford. I am sure that Parramatta will survive without Orford but i think he would be the clubs best buy for along time!

Hurriflatch

Referee
but when they sign Orford and his signing sees Tim Smith leave as he isn't getting a shot then people kill the coach because Smith comes back to bite us.

Orford is a great player don't get me wrong but I'd prefer to see some young guys get a shot.

Dykes signing reportedly forced Marsh & S.Witt out when Parra signed Dykes he was one of the top 3 5/8's running around. A few injury riddled years later and Dykes is no where near form, yet both Marsh and S.Witt are gone.

Parraren

Bench
Not too many people thought alot of Orford after his first season either though. I'm very keen to see how the likes of Witt, Thorman & Smith progress over the course of the season. Potential is certainly there but it just takes time. Kurt Gidley is another example.

Pazza

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
but when they sign Orford and his signing sees Tim Smith leave as he isn't getting a shot then people kill the coach because Smith comes back to bite us.

Orford is a great player don't get me wrong but I'd prefer to see some young guys get a shot.

Dykes signing reportedly forced Marsh & S.Witt out when Parra signed Dykes he was one of the top 3 5/8's running around. A few injury riddled years later and Dykes is no where near form, yet both Marsh and S.Witt are gone.

From my understanding Tim Smith is quite able to physically and ability wise play 5/8. I just think that a Orford Smith halve combination would be killer. If signing Orford forces Thorman and Witt out of the club then it doesnt bother me. Orford is a damn good halfback and Parramatta should have signed him in 2001. Taylor was awesome but Orford would have given the club a much better long term option.

newmanj

Juniors
Team for Round 1 next year, with no signings.

1. Wade McKinnon (If he maintains form, otherwise Joel Reddy)
2. Brett Anderson
3. Ben Smith
4. Ashley Graham
5. Eric Grothe Jnr
6. Michael Witt
7. Tim Smith
8. Aaron Cannings
9. John Morris
10 Justin Tsoulos
11. Hindy
12. Nathan Cayless
13. Feleti Mateo

14. David Vaeliki
15. Chris Armit
16. Craig Stapleton
17. Chris Thorman
18. Lee Hopkins
19. Fui Fui Moi Moi

roosters2004

Juniors
all your teans are lackinf in the halves in my mind i say u buy some young good halves like mathew head? look at the roosters i m a roosters fan and i laughted wen they bought brett finch.. now look at him.. u need 2 do something with ur halves.... johny morris is ur hooker... great young player!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
roosters2004 said:
all your teans are lackinf in the halves in my mind i say u buy some young good halves like mathew head? look at the roosters i m a roosters fan and i laughted wen they bought brett finch.. now look at him.. u need 2 do something with ur halves.... johny morris is ur hooker... great young player!!

Any one who saw Heads first half tonight, would have to agree he would be the most important signing since the big 4 in 96!!

I have to agree with R04 this kid is a freak and could well steer an ordinary team like ours into into the top 8.

Eels Dude

Coach
roosters2004 said:

Witt is a good young half. Smith is a good young half. Why look to buy when we already have them available?