What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sidhe??? Where did this come from?

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Just wondering if Mario might be able to clear something up for me.
I was doing some reading about the origins of Halloween and discovered that a sidhe was supposedly a place where the dead lived in Celtic folklore.
Is this where you got the name from Mario?

I know its not really on topic but I found it interesting.

Goleel

Juniors
Well I'm interested, for one, so how about you shut up and try and contribute something to this forum for once? Of course, that might be asking too much since you've been here for a fair while now and I've never noticed you say one constructive thing to anybody at all. Seriously Pepstar, what was the point of that post? All it was, was derogatory to the people who have posted in this thread and the guy who started the topic, and what is the point of that? Are you going to win some kind of exceptional award for being an asshole here? Get over yourself and if you haven't got something constructive to say, how about you don't say anything at all?

Crippler

Juniors
A quick Google search

Sidhe (pronounced 'shee') literally means "people of the (fairy) hills". It is the Gaelic name for the fairies in both Ireland and the Highlands of Scotland. Usually these fairies are attracted to those who are beautiful as well as wealthy.

TripleM

Juniors
I have a feeling this came up aaages ago at some forum somewhere, probably here, so try having a search here (I tried, but its going too slow for me.) I think Mario said Sidhe and that meaning were completely unrelated..

Crippler

Juniors
well it has something to do with Celtic

or Fairys spelt Faerys

Did a look on dictionary.com come and sidhe didnt come up

the fact that Mario said Sidhe is pronounced "She" and that there is no such word in the dictionary must mean they got the name from Celtic etc :)

maybe the guy who invented the name likes Fairys :)

devonuto

Juniors
KimmorleyKiller said:
lol this thread shows how utterly bored we are waiting for the game 2 be released

That's the reason I haven't bothered posting for ages, as well as the fact there has been no decent topics to discuss for a while... and updates are limited. A word to the wise... if you leave this site for a while and come back, time passes much quicker and the game seems much closer to release all the time.

Ps: :x , is this smiley constipated? 'cos if so, this one's problem :shock: is the total opposite.

Matta

Juniors
devonuto said:
Ps: :x , is this smiley constipated? 'cos if so, this one's problem :shock: is the total opposite.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

axl rose

Bench
A quick Google search

Sidhe (pronounced 'shee') literally means "people of the (fairy) hills". It is the Gaelic name for the fairies in both Ireland and the Highlands of Scotland. Usually these fairies are attracted to those who are beautiful as well as wealthy.
What a stupid name for a company.

Latest posts