What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Hodkinson now

btmcdermott

Juniors
Given the small amount of decent halfbacks on the market, I think the dragons should go after Trent Hodkinson for 2014 onwards. He's been playing great since coming back into the top grade and is also goal kicking well which the dragons need. I think he would fit in nicely.

FlameThrower

Bench
His name was rubbished before earlier on in year on this forumn. Solid tough and can kick we could do worse!

possm

Coach
I would prefer Rangi Chase but if we can't get him, then maybe this is a good alternative. But only on a two year deal. I have great faith in Hastings being a long term halfback for the Dragons.

Saint69

Juniors
Given the small amount of decent halfbacks on the market, I think the dragons should go after Trent Hodkinson for 2014 onwards. He's been playing great since coming back into the top grade and is also goal kicking well which the dragons need. I think he would fit in nicely.

He is exactly what we need,experienced,proven in NRL and a consistent goal kicker,although we may have gone in another direction.

saint.nick

Coach
My Dogs mate really rates Hodkinson. I never understood why we didn't want him. I think it's too late. Hasler has plans for Hodkinson; he's going to piss off Keating.

mmap dragons

Juniors
I'm very surprised he hasn't been snapped up as he is a quality player whom has had a bad run with injury yet is finding his feet again and playing well now he has some confidence back. The Dogs recent good form has had a lot to do with Hodkinson's good form.

Hodkinson would compliment Widdop nicely IMO.

TheRev

Coach
yeah run of good form right now, hard to know how he would go in a team without so many outstanding forwards, same as Josh Reynolds basically.

However his goalkicking right now is outstanding, 33/35 or something, god knows how the dogs always have such good kickers.

ebbedfred

Bench
I highly doubt he'd sign with us regardless, he is very close with Des, and now that he seems to have cemented his spot in the top side I don't think he'll be looking to leave.

Craig93

Juniors
before he came back into first grad we could have got him cheap but we would struggle now i think Keating is now on the outer there instead.

btmcdermott

Juniors
I would prefer Rangi Chase but if we can't get him, then maybe this is a good alternative. But only on a two year deal. I have great faith in Hastings being a long term halfback for the Dragons.

Yeh I totally agree with everything you said

btmcdermott

Juniors
before he came back into first grad we could have got him cheap but we would struggle now i think Keating is now on the outer there instead.

Yep I know. I'm really frustrated I didn't think of him earlier this year. Could have potentially snared him for this year as well. Cause I have close relationship with the club I know the halfbacks they were looking at and I personally suggested widdop, in round 3, when they told me soward wasn't getting a contract renewal.
Their main focus was getting a 7!
Seriously dragons try and get hodkinson

Father Ted

First Grade

I think you have it Poss, I think this is the way to go.

We must be really struggling for a halfback . Rumour has it we tried to swap Soward for either of two Penrith players and failed . We seem to be going nowhere fast with Williams, Siejka ,Luke Keary , and Chase . Hastings who should have been signed up age's ago is looking like he might have too many options. We Got knocked back by Cronk, Chad Townsend and even some reserve grader from the Burleigh Bears did'nt want to know. I mean thats the barrell bottom right there. Dudley get it done people are laughing at us FFS.

Last edited:

Cagey Mac

Bench
I suggested some time ago that he would be a viable option
My interest has been reinforced by his recent appearances
At around $300 I reckon he’s good value

BennyV

Referee
The time to sign Hodko was 2 months ago when he was on the outer at the Dogs. He is a great organising half with a good kicking game and would compliment Widdop well next year. Now, I imagine he would have cemented his spot with the dogs, and I dont think Keating is a good option.

possm

Coach
I think he is a better option than Williams, Drinkwater and some of the other options put up in the recent past. No doubt Rangi Chase is our best option and I have said in other posts that i believe King is our best option right now.

Last edited:

Saint Anger

Juniors
Can't wait til we sign another half so we can finally put to bed all those god awful rumours of Kyle Stanley at 6.