What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings

Green Evil

Juniors
There is a Canberra Times article today saying that we are looking to talk to Tim Moltzen if his talks with the Tigers dont go too well. It also goes on to say that we are interested in Tom Humble depending on Berrigans retirement plans as well as Kurt Baptiste (Broncos) and Nathan Peats (Souths) as potential hookers.

Has anyone seen much of Baptiste? From the little bit i have seen of him he like to run and play a bit of football out of dummy half whereas Peats is just a worker who will make a heap of tackles and do his job.

legend

Coach
Why would any player in their right mind want to sign with Canberra? Let McIlwrick make the spot his own and see how he goes. Better to do that this year as we aren't going to make the finals and he can get ten games under his belt in preparation for next year.

beads6

First Grade
Baptiste has been in pretty good form in QLD cup. Played once for the Broncos this year but didn't have a good game. I would be disappointed if we lost him to you guys but he is behind McCullough

sydraider

First Grade
I also heard the club was talking to talanoa, so along with that turd theres moltzen and humble. What the feck have we become? The new souths of old?

Theres not too much wrong with the players we have apart from the coaching they are getting.

All these so called interests have really confirmed to me that campo wont be back, he is gone, if so lets focus on cornish and get someone viable to partner him.

aussies1st

Staff member
Tigers do all that work to get Moltzen back onto to release him, strange to say the least. Humble could be a handy replacement for Berrigan, not much else from that list worth looking at.

sydraider

First Grade
So the mail is strong that sticky is going to parra. WTF we cant get this club legend to come home? It f**kn stinks, we are gonna be stuck with Furner til the end of his contract if true, other than that who else could we get to coach this team, we showed so much promise in 2010 yet we have gone so backward ever since, recent signing rumours are nothing but proof.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Hahah..

Anyone get the feeling that as a club, we have gone backwards in the last 3 or so years? We had a few decent seasons, but no consistency and every year we play a different style.

The Joker

Juniors
There's better talent running around in the local canberra comp than Talanoa, Sau and Moltzen. It's almost like your club wants to fail if any of these rumours have any legs.

mongoose

Coach
Moltzen would be alright as a bench utility. He has a bit of x factor about him.

Talanoa would partner Bani in mounties, doubt he would ever see first grade.

Haven't seen much of Humble to be honest... Baptiste has pretty big wraps on him but so did Flanagan...

Frederick

Staff member
Wes played well enough for 10 games last year to earn a new contract. Other than that he's been junk. You're better off with croker...nuff said

skeepe

Immortal
Wes played well enough for 10 games last year to earn a new contract. Other than that he's been junk. You're better off with croker...nuff said

We're better off with the best young centre in the game? Thanks scoop.

shear_joy9

Coach
the only signing I want to see is a new coach.

canberra could sign up the all-star side but they would still struggle to make the finals under furner.

Latest posts