What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simon Dwyer

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Has there been any update on Simon Dwyer's health ? Is he still with the tigers, and if so, is there much chance he'll play again?

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Thanks for that. It is a pretty sad read. The Tigers seem to be doing a lot to support him, which they should be commended for.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
wow, he's shrunk a shitload. Might make a good winger.

Dwyer with one arm would be better than Tuqiri and Moltzen

He is still 23 so i hope he has another shot at league
Story reminds me of a couple of other 'old time tigers'.

Geoff Starling, gee he was something to see. He retired at 22 and 2 years later attempted to make a comback, very sad end for someone so good, so young. Starling's early retirement was not because of an injury though, some type of disease I think.

Dennis Bendall, yet another centre who had to retire when only in his early 20's. If I recall correctly, he was a school teacher and broke bones in neck or back whilst on end of school year excursion to swimming hole in Blue Mountains.

Matchball

Bench
I know starlings brother, sparrow. He said it was a virus caught on a league tour.

Dwyer looks like a boy now, really sad to see his career stall.

innsaneink

Referee
Geoffs called Sparrow as well......he seems fine now....manages to put a shitload of piss away all the time

Latest posts