What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simon Katich

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I cant believe this guy cant even get a look in the one day team, he batted so well in the VB series, and also against the Black caps he should be team somewhere, even opener. I dont know what the go with Matt Hayden is but he seems to have score runs slow, and is not as agressive as when he came back in the one day team 2001.

Also I think Hussey is too low down the order and needs to moved to number 5. He's definatley sealed his place in the one day team.

Timbo

Staff member
Where's the info on Katich being injured?

Everything I've heard indicates he's fighting fit.

lockyno1

Post Whore
He was injured for a period after his one day innings, but I do believe he is fit now. The problem with Katich is that he is up against Hussey for the no7 spot, and realistically Hussey is a much better one-day player as he can bowl and his fielding is better as well. I am not saying Katich is a bad one-day player but Hussey is just better!

Bullrider

Juniors
I will say it again Hayden is not close to getting dropped. The middle order is under threat if anything. Hayden is still striking at over 80.

Hayden was one of Australia's best throughout the tournament. Clarke has struggled, as did ponting and Martyn to an extent. Symonds and Hussey saved them through the middle orders.

Shane Watson has to go