What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simpkins

Sharkie73

Bench
What a joke, I don't mind loosing a game if the calls are even and we get beaten by a better side, however I get Pi##ed off when the ref has a shocker and favours one side. I can't belive Simpkins missed so much today like;

1.Hill looses the ball in a good hit without a hand on the ball, Penalty Manly for stripping

2.Hopper offside at play the ball takes Galloways head of only after video ref gives him the call that he does anything Simpkins only a few meters away from incident.

3.Manly knock at play the ball and score a try Peach questions about the knock on Peach in the Bin.

MOVE OVER SHAYNE HAYNE THERES A NEW VILLAGE IDIOT IN TOWN.

Macca

Coach
Thanks for coming all the way from Melbourne and adding to our forum camsmith. Do you think Simpkins ref'd well today? Do you think he favoured Manly? Or are you just trolling for the sake of it?

The Popper

Bench
I thought he pinged us unmercifully early. Particularly for that `strip' that didn't appear to be a strip. Constant harassment from referees can put you off your game but, even so, Sharks were most undisciplined and an embarassment to their supporters

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Simpkins was rattled by the lead up press to this game.

he came out witha premeditated plan to police the ruck for manly. Something that manly have constantly complained to the NRL about simpkins.
Hence, we were penalised 5 times in 5 minutes.
There was no colling down, no level headedness. no warnings.
Contribute to that the vast experience of kennedy & Hill & menzies who had the ball but were actually holding us down, we were always going to battle against Simpkins.
this performance was the worse even more so than the Shayne heyne dabacle for which he was sacked.
The league has to put a ban on clubs commenting on referees prior to matches. How is it different to commenting on after the match for which you get fined?

Fluffy

Juniors
Well it wasnt the club that commented.

Secondly the sharks got away with a lot still - and after the Hoppa incident Simpkins was back to his old ways.

If you feel hill got lucky in one - it was evened out in the second when the ref missed it - even the tackled player didnt get up quickly because he knew he had lost it.

There was plenty of offside let go for both teams. Cronulla were spoiling in the ruck and started to do the pivot on the player that canturbury got pinged for in fridays game.

The final count was 12 - 10 - fairly even and cronulla were the bigger infringers. He made poor calls all day but he was consistenly poor to both teams.

There needs to be something done with refs

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
right I see.

that informations just sort of made its way to the media didnt it.

the stat that matters is that the penalty count was 5 nil after 10 minutes with the Eagles leading 12- nil on the scoreboard.

it was premeditated attack on the ruck by Simpkins.

tye

Juniors
The final count was 12 - 10 - fairly even and cronulla were the bigger infri

The count only ended up so even because he gave cronulla 5 square up penalities in the last 7 minutes.........disgrace

Robin Zander

Juniors
At one stage in the 2nd half he was getting the Cronulla defensive line back 15 metres. This was when he'd totally lost control of the game & his only option was to try to keep the teams apart.
When that wasn't working he'd blow a penalty.

Simpkins wasn't even going to blow a penalty for the Hoppa incident.
He's first re-action was to call a knock-on against Peach.
I could see the contact from the hill.

Manly were obviously the better team but Simpkins performance was disgraceful.

Manly were obviously the better team but Simpkins performance was disgraceful.
he was terrible. all the refs are terrible.
having said that i feel cronulla are the only ones to blame for losing. it was them that caused penalties, dropped the ball and missed 40 odd tackles.

ali

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
Simpkins was rattled by the lead up press to this game.

he came out witha premeditated plan to police the ruck for manly. Something that manly have constantly complained to the NRL about simpkins.
Hence, we were penalised 5 times in 5 minutes.
There was no colling down, no level headedness. no warnings.
Contribute to that the vast experience of kennedy & Hill & menzies who had the ball but were actually holding us down, we were always going to battle against Simpkins.
this performance was the worse even more so than the Shayne heyne dabacle for which he was sacked.
The league has to put a ban on clubs commenting on referees prior to matches. How is it different to commenting on after the match for which you get fined?

Well said Reefy. For all at the game, it was impossible to see just what we were doing differently to Manly in the first 20 or so minutes, yet he penalised us out of the game. A good team may have pulled through only one or 2 trys down, but we were just as bad as the ref.

When Hoppa got sent off the window opened. But we lost the game in the first 10 of the second half though. We came out expecting to do it easy, and didn't do the little things right.

Reedy

Juniors
Look guys, manly had a player sent off the field after 30 minutes yet it was your team that collapsed.

The ref had nothing to do with the fact that the sharks are about as well disciplined as a classroom of 6 year olds.

the penalty count was 12 - 10, not overly biased.

When you are relying on the ref to decide the outcome of a game, your team is in serious trouble.

My advice is learn how to defend your tryline, the sharks goal line defence on sunday was probably the worst I have ever seen.

wittyfan

Referee
Reedy said:
Look guys, manly had a player sent off the field after 30 minutes yet it was your team that collapsed.

The ref had nothing to do with the fact that the sharks are about as well disciplined as a classroom of 6 year olds.

the penalty count was 12 - 10, not overly biased.

When you are relying on the ref to decide the outcome of a game, your team is in serious trouble.

My advice is learn how to defend your tryline, the sharks goal line defence on sunday was probably the worst I have ever seen.

Fair suck of the sav. The penalties were 4-0 after three minutes. Simpkins gave Cronulla some penalties when the game was over so it wouldn't look as bad in the paper on Monday.

carcharias

Immortal
Fair suck of the sav

Sully, I'll have to take your word for it. :shock:

But yes the ref played a fair bit of catch up towards the end.

The penalty in the first 3 minutes for a strip really set the tone for the whole match.