What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simpsons Inanimate Object Mafia Game Thread (Over, Summary up!)

Smiley

Bench
All Apey told me was think about the different levels of the love tester.

Bazzi tested casanova (sounded good/town to me)
Whall tested error!
Drew tested town aligned.

I had no f**king idea.

Apey

Staff member
Game Summary

Beans Aligned

This team was a cultfaction. They had two initial members (Bazzi & AFS) and were given two successful recruits. Initially they only had one recruit but when three people joined after the game had started I gave them extra so they were on equal footing numbers wise with the mafia faction. Recruits were unsuccessful for various reasons (Drew - malfunctioning, Bazal - mafia, 9701 - essentially dead). There was a day phase when it was only Bazzi alive and for several day and night phases it was only Bazzi & Rebel.

Roles & Abilities

Bazzi - Leader and in control of the factional kill
afinalsin666 - Passive one time-protection, Bazzi could not die while he was alive
1st Recruit (Rebel) - took afinalsin666's place in the protection chain of Bazzi, initially was going to protect afinalsin666 but he died before any recruits so that made no sense. Rebel had a post condition and an auto-lynch.
2nd recruit (thorson1987) - Protected Rebel from dying. Had a double vote and a post condition.

Comments

Really, these guys did very well as a group. Their team had good defensive capabilities but their offensive capabilities were limited to one kill per night, a kill that only succeeded twice if I remember correctly. They essentially outed the entire mafia through kill attempts and a failed recruit attempt on Bazal, which definitely gave them the upper hand. They were also affected by 9701's single-use ability while the mafia faction weren't. Bazzi was only targeted with one action in the entire game. Definition of under the radar.

Mafia Faction

This was a straight up mafia faction, similar to the BunniesMerkin in my BunniesMan Mafia. This faction had fairly strong defensive and offensive capabilities but did have to contend with having several popular targets in their ranks. Unlike the Beans faction though their kills were locked to KTF (Odd nights) and Parra Pride (Even nights) with whall15 gaining a kill once they had died. Bazal was the key to this faction, once he died everyone else would follow.

Roles & Abilities

whall15 - Don, investigations turned up nonsensical results, single-use wreak havoc action blocked ALL of town's actions that night. Couldn't die until KTF, PP & Bazal had died.
KTF - Odd night killer and on even nights could investigated a player's role, roleblock or silence. Couldn't die while Bazal was alive.
Parra Pride - Even night killer, unsuccessful kills would silence a player the next day. Couldn't die while Bazal was alive.
Bazal - Messed with the first incoming action of each type (except recruit). Mafia were told one of their members were hit with an action type and that they could either let the action go through or redirect it to another one of their members for the next night. Protected KTF and PP.

Comments

The mafia played well overall, but were very unlucky. The Beans faction knew all their members as well as the general protection structure. Bazal's passive ability was useless besides the inspire. Bad luck also led to Parra Pride being outed to town: SGB inspired Bazal one night then inspired Parra Pride the next night. The inspire used on Bazal was redirected by Bazal's passive role to Parra Pride for the next night when SGB used his action on Parra Pride. However SGB was roleblocked by whall's single-use ability. So SGB assumed it had gone through and given Parra Pride the extra kill. They were very active in the thread and played town pretty well for essentially being an outed faction.

Town Aligned
i
Town had plenty in their arsenal and were still right in the game until the very end. They missed a few hints here and there but that's always easy to say as a host. The biggest of course surrounding Rebel's post condition. I gave town several investigative roles as usual but tried to make them less powerful, i.e not directly giving up a player's alignment. They had three investigative types (character, indirect alignment, tracker), two roleblockers, a redirector, a vigilante, two protector types, a Yes/no question plus some other actions and various passive abilities. A few explanations about certain abilities below.

Roles & Abilities

9701 - As the shaken up beer can, his single-use explosion ability made all actions used on Homer-related objects fail, and non-town homer-related objects could not act. This was pretty harsh on the Beans faction seeing as the mafia faction was not affected.
Smiley - The Love tester was essentially an alignment investigator, it posted alignments in the form of Love tester results at the top of night phases. Poor Smiley got hit by rotten luck though, investigating three people who reacted differently to investigation results, meaning he could never establish a pattern. He investigated Bazzi (Casanova - leader of a faction), Drew-Sta (Town aligned - favourable actions increased in potency) & whall15 (Error - investigation results nonsensical). Cold fish was for town, with the results in between being for other non-town members.
BunniesMan - Passively provided the Weather Update, which was deliberately vague as it had the potential to out non-town members if anybody caught on. The Weather Update related to how many non-town members were voting in the lynches. Mostly sunny with a chance of rain meant a small amount, Partly Cloudy meant a little more than the above, and the Mostly Cloudy in the last lynch phase was because 3/5 voters weren't town. The mafia faction were very active in voting in lynches, hence why the update was often the same or at least similar. I should have been more precise, at times I probably considered ratio of non-town: town as well as % of bad guys voting.
butchmcdick - butch could ask a Yes/No question about anything that came up in the game thread so long as it wasn't an alignment related question. I probably could have explained it better because he only used his action once. Anything was fair game except alignments but for example he could ask if people were lying about specific things etc.

Comments

Town suffered from missing a few clues and some unfortunate night action choices. Monk was responsible for killing Bazal & thorson1987, but also killed town's two roleblockers. Pugzley was inactive for the last few phases which hurt town, he had the redirect. Expected at this time of year though, I was genuinely surprised at how quick all the night actions were coming in. dogslife only turned up town characters I think and DragonPunk died on Night 1 so was unable to track anyone.

Independently Aligned

Misanthrope - Poor Misanthrope got the experimental role which would have been much better had he not been targeted Night 1 and 5 people (mafia + dogslife) discovered he or Monk were lying straight off the bat :lol: Although he didn't last long, getting Dutchy lynched despite the attention he received was very good, even going the extra mile to fake being force voted himself.

The other independent role I had written up would have seen him dead Night 1 though so I guess it wasn't all bad.

His role:

Apey said:
You are AT-5000 Auto-Dialer, Independently aligned Homer’s Get Rich Quick Scheme. Greetings friend! Professor Frink invented you to help inform children of snow days but Homer used you to try and make easy money.

Each night you can choose to dial a player and construct a force vote. The force vote will initially follow the basic rules: you design a force vote post that the target must post and they cannot make any more posts during that day phase. If the person being voted for is successfully lynched, your force vote will become more powerful. The first time you are lynched or night killed you will escape on legs.

You win if your force vote results (i.e, the person being voted for is lynched) in five successful lynches.

Top 3

Very hard to choose since the game was so close.

In no particular order:

Bazzi - Quiet but undetected the entire game and leader of the winning faction.
KTF - played the game thread well as usual and made good decisions behind the scenes
Monk - A few bad town kills but helped kill afinalsin666, targeted whall15, killed Bazal, and killed thorson1987

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
All Apey told me was think about the different levels of the love tester.

Bazzi tested casanova (sounded good/town to me)
Whall tested error!
Drew tested town aligned.

I had no f**king idea.

I imagine your power would've been extremely useful had you survived deep into the game as I assume people with similar alignments would've come up with similar results on the tester.

Pretty much. Smiley got shit luck investigating three people that reacted uniquely to investigations. Everyone else besides Drew & whall15 would have shown a result from the Simpsons Love Tester.

soc123_au

Staff member
Quality game Apey. I wish I had survived longer. I think you nailed the power balance.

Rebel

First Grade
Top 3

Very hard to choose since the game was so close.

In no particular order:

Bazzi - Quiet but undetected the entire game and leader of the winning faction.
KTF - played the game thread well as usual and made good decisions behind the scenes
Monk - A few bad town kills but helped kill afinalsin666, targeted whall15, killed Bazal, and killed thorson1987

You spelt my name wrong, Apey.

Latest posts