What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sims v Kikau

SnowDragon

Juniors
Please correct me if I am wrong,

But Sims gets a 1 match ban, missing origin...
Now all the experts are saying Kikau should get off for what looks to me to be similar if not a little worse than Sims hit...

Now personally I think both hits were ok, but consistency must be observed... and Kikau must therefore get at least a 1 match ban.

It sux that I am already pissed off by the anti dragons stance in the NRL... even before it happens...

(And unfortunately the ban on Sims has sucked out all his energy...)

rednwhites

Juniors
I am somewhat contented that there's been some consistency here. Probably they've taken it too far, as both were pretty solid hits, barely worth a penalty. A few more similar cases and I can see the NRL backflipping when they realise they've over scrutinised and softened the game completely.

It's ironic that Fifita only ends up with one week for a far more severe discretion.

possm

Coach
Please correct me if I am wrong,

But Sims gets a 1 match ban, missing origin...
Now all the experts are saying Kikau should get off for what looks to me to be similar if not a little worse than Sims hit...

Now personally I think both hits were ok, but consistency must be observed... and Kikau must therefore get at least a 1 match ban.

It sux that I am already pissed off by the anti dragons stance in the NRL... even before it happens...

(And unfortunately the ban on Sims has sucked out all his energy...)
I think it was a 1 match ban that resulted in missing 1 NRL game and SOO 3.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Didnt mind the poor merkin bit on this with Graham/Benji ... Graham very level headed about it ...
Ikin called it as it is - the dufty thing was let go because Slater was allowed to play a grand final.

BLM01

First Grade
Didnt mind the poor merkin bit on this with Graham/Benji ... Graham very level headed about it ...
Ikin called it as it is - the dufty thing was let go because Slater was allowed to play a grand final.
Correct and the NRL are already backflipping into more grey areas where they will just look at charging the real front on shoulder charge like Napas etc where commonsense prevails and where it was intended.
For me..shoulder chargers are fine but apply commonsense.... if you miss and collect the head or obvious late hits in the back like some have the penalty should be more severe and no defence at judiciary. Auto send off, charge and long term suspension. That would make em think a bit more.
It is this match review assessment and judiciary / defense soap opera that is the problem.

If the NRL and refs had the balls to actually hit teams where it hurts with foul play and on field penalties like they tried...lot of crap in the game would stop.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
At least they were consistent about that but Slater & Dufty now sets a very dangerous precedent for fullbacks to bring back the shoulder charge..

Mind you, it’s stil a great defensive play to watch a fullback smash a player over the sideline as they go in to score..

From an overall neck/head damage point of view, a side on shoulder charge will normally do less damage than front on..

I say “normally” as there will obviously be the occasional higher one that bucks the trend..

boardlumps62

Juniors
Can I apologise have the .. with this shoulder charge .... So I started another post Seriously Ref. Just should have put that post in here. Sorry

Latest posts