What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since Franchise Mode is in the sequel....come in here plz.

simostorm

Bench
HOT028 said:
all this sounds great but are how much can they put in a game?

Yeah, I hope they make improvments but not go overboard and skimp on gameplay imprvoements.
Baby STeps when making a game, you buy every Nfl madden game that has come out, and see the improvments they made each year,
it takes time and money to create more complicated areas of a game,
so dont expect too much from them for the next release.

RedV

Juniors
How's about, only 2 games every week are televised.

When your game is televised (and this is indicated by some kind of icon next to the fixture on your fixture list), you get the full commentary package, including the video referee and so on.

This could really build things up and make you feel like you're in a big game. It would add to the realism and the 'big game' factor, knowing your team is on TV for the whole world to see!

I also think it's really important, if possible, for squad numbers to be included for British teams. While in Australia, players wear numbers according to what position they play every week, in Super League players have an individual number with their surname printed on the shirt.

I don't know whether squad numbers could be implemented, perhaps Mario could give some indication?

Mario

Juniors
RedV said:
I don't know whether squad numbers could be implemented, perhaps Mario could give some indication?

Any feature could be implemented given sufficient time and money.

Whether or not a particular suggestion makes it into the game depends on budget and resources, as well as where that suggestion sits in priority against other suggestions.

Adidazzler

Juniors
Also an idea (sorry if it's been mensioned) would be have like a presentation. After the GF, say if a player from your team wins the Clive Churchill award, he gets some points that you can add to his attributes, and the team gets money from winning that award so you can buy some more players. Something on the lines of that anyway.

Addi

Red Bear

Referee
Make it so all franchise options are available to your Custom Team and also in any Custom Comps that you have.

lil ripsta

what about multi player seasons, so you can go through a season with your mates and eventually meet in the grand final.
That would be awesome.

Goleel

Juniors
I'd just be happy with ongoing seasons with players attributes improving or declining depending on their performance throughout the season, with randomly generated new players coming into the squad each year from the 'lower grades'. I'd be awesome if reserve grade could be implemented into the game, but I'd say there's very little chance of that happening, at least this year. What they've already got in franchise sounds like enough to me, rep games, injuries, judiciary, that's what we want.

Paullyboy

Coach
Just like to agree with a few other people who said that a great feature would be players being selected for origin based on how they have played during this season.

As well as making stats a lot more accessible during a match, you only get to see them at half time which is really frustrating. I love seeing my players get their tackle counts up.

It'd be nice if you could fix that 'hit-up' bug too so that they actually exist more than twice a half.

Another thing that hasnt been mentioned that I thought woudl have been is that the scores in other games are ridiculously low. (as is the goalkicking percentage although someone already raised that). Like its not unusual to see a round with scores of:

4-0
1-0
6-0
8-0
54-28 (ie the game you are playing in)

figgylion

Juniors
National league one & two -relegation/promotion
(National league two is a must 'cos Swinton won't be in SL for a couple of years :D )

Paullyboy said:
Another thing that hasnt been mentioned that I thought woudl have been is that the scores in other games are ridiculously low. (as is the goalkicking percentage although someone already raised that). Like its not unusual to see a round with scores of:

4-0
1-0
6-0
8-0
54-28 (ie the game you are playing in)

YEah, totally fks For and Against and leading tryscorers. I love seeing my tackle count go up!

Dogs Of War

Coach
I would like to see pre-game presentations like an old basketball game TV Sports Basketball (circa 1988-89). It used to have random stats come up about the teams and make comments such as It will be hard to stop the Bulldogs with the number 1 attack in the league, but the Roosters have the number 1 defence....

And if that game could fit on 2 floppy disks then I can't see how it could be too hard to implement, grab a copy of that game for ideas....

Dog-E

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
I would like to see pre-game presentations like an old basketball game TV Sports Basketball (circa 1988-89). It used to have random stats come up about the teams and make comments such as It will be hard to stop the Bulldogs with the number 1 attack in the league, but the Roosters have the number 1 defence....

And if that game could fit on 2 floppy disks then I can't see how it could be too hard to implement, grab a copy of that game for ideas....

Yesssss! I had this on the Commodore Amiga!...This game was BRILLIANT!!...I remember even editing my entire roster to Dogs players' at the time when I got bored of it...and the stats level added THAt much more gametime to it once I'd done that! :lol: ...the level & detail of stats on that game were incomparable!!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
How bout having a few teams that can be used as feeder clubs, i am determind to get James Webster with the Warriors no matter what!!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
examples of feeder clubs or clubs in the game jus to sign players off would be teams like Hull KR and those clubs in the superleague who get/have gotten relegated. Would make it really cool if you had the superleague and divison one. Not be able to run division one but able to buy their players, etc

As with Batercard cup and Premier League. Non-playable leagues, but the ability to sign players from them for a cheaper price than players already in NRL or ESL.

Also have Hopoate in it, dont kick him because hes really gone!!

bribiewarrigal

Juniors
Dynasty points,classy.You could get,say,10 points for a win,1 point for a try scored,2 for a try scored from further out and so on.You could get 100 points at the start of every off season too...

What would the points get you- Would be pretty cool that say for sponsorship

Like- Woolworths are 20 points And like Nokia are 100 points and then you obviosly get more money for the better sponsor

Jae

Juniors
I don't really like the idea of player trading. It'd be cool and all but it doesn't happen in the NRL, so why should it happen in the game? I think the emphasis should be first and foremost on developing junior talent and then signing players as free agents.

Latest posts