What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Singing of the season from the club

dragons10110

Juniors
Has to be Mike Cooper since Mary has promoted him to the starting team he has given us an instant impact and now challenges the opposition forwards and gives us go forward.

in saying that Gareth has been great to.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Always thought Mez had the best voice :p

But seriously, agree about Cooper. Honestly though he was yet another depth signing, but man was I wrong. The lads full of starch and meters, and easily our best consistent signing imo.
Have so much time for Cooper that I have developed a man crush and therefore dub him 'Cooper Trooper'.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
I agree. This bloke is going well. And so is Benny Creagh. It is interesting that we have not conceded a try up the middle of the ruck since Mary took over. We all know that we are not the biggest pack but that fact shows their is more pride and starch in the middle of the ruck. De Bellin is also adding more at #13. When Frizzle returns our backrow will be dynamic. And of course you need to fit Merrin in as well; that is until Bennett signs him next season. Watch for Brisbane to make a big run at Merrin.

Once we get 50 games into Stockwell and O'Brien, the pack should look OK.

As an aside, whilst I do not like losing...Manly are so slick either side of the ruck and that comes from playing together for so long. The combinations at Manly are so good and have been together for so long that they can play in their sleep. I have to say that I begrudgingly admire Manly. They have a leadership group that is so strong. No disgrace losing to them, but we have to beat the baby Tigers this weekend.

GT0007

Juniors
I agree. This bloke is going well. And so is Benny Creagh. It is interesting that we have not conceded a try up the middle of the ruck since Mary took over. We all know that we are not the biggest pack but that fact shows their is more pride and starch in the middle of the ruck. De Bellin is also adding more at #13. When Frizzle returns our backrow will be dynamic. And of course you need to fit Merrin in as well; that is until Bennett signs him next season. Watch for Brisbane to make a big run at Merrin.

Once we get 50 games into Stockwell and O'Brien, the pack should look OK.

As an aside, whilst I do not like losing...Manly are so slick either side of the ruck and that comes from playing together for so long. The combinations at Manly are so good and have been together for so long that they can play in their sleep. I have to say that I begrudgingly admire Manly. They have a leadership group that is so strong. No disgrace losing to them, but we have to beat the baby Tigers this weekend.

100%. It's a shame we lost 1/2 a season but the future is looking brighter now

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Gareth by a mile. Cooper has been good but Thompson is coming good now since Mary took over so I would say Thompson has been a better recruit than Cooper.

bottle

Coach
I think the point being more the 'surprise' signing of the season.
Things were expected of Widdop and Thompson.
The only thing many (including me) expected of Cooper was some time in the Cutters whilst on a working holiday.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I forgot Marshall. He would be the pick for sure. Still can't believe he is a Dragon.

Worst signing - Groat. What is the story there? Is he that bad not to get a run in the top grade? A couple of years ago he was to be a star in the making for the Tigers. They kept him and released Fafita. Great call that was.

jenninga

First Grade
I forgot Marshall. He would be the pick for sure. Still can't believe he is a Dragon.

Worst signing - Groat. What is the story there? Is he that bad not to get a run in the top grade? A couple of years ago he was to be a star in the making for the Tigers. They kept him and released Fafita. Great call that was.

He is that bad.

Acka

Coach

I watched Groat in a NSW cup game at Henson Park and he was useless

Latest posts