What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sink the slipper into Cronulla opportunity No. 67.

Loudstrat

Coach
Dear Shire residents. There is no way out of your district except to drive through an area that has won the comp. Oh, the irony of the eternel empty trophy cabinet being surrounded by two clubs who merged to fill theirs!

Reminds me of the Samuel Taylor Coleridge classic, The Rhyme Of The Ancient Mariner -

Water, water everywhere, and all the boards did shrink
Water, water everywhere, and not a drop to drink

That bloody premiership. So near, but yet so far..................

ozjet1

Dear Shire residents. There is no way out of your district except to drive through an area that has won the comp. Oh, the irony of the eternel empty trophy cabinet being surrounded by two clubs who merged to fill theirs!

Reminds me of the Samuel Taylor Coleridge classic, The Rhyme Of The Ancient Mariner -

Water, water everywhere, and all the boards did shrink
Water, water everywhere, and not a drop to drink

That bloody premiership. So near, but yet so far..................

nah, that was iron maiden.

besides, it wont be too long before they become the st george-illawarra-cronulla-sutherland dragons.

wittyfan

Referee
It could take a while for the merged cabinets to be cleaned from 31 years of dust for the trophies to go in tbh.

Gaba

First Grade
Surely time for the Southern Districts Dragons to emerge?
dont wont merge with stgeorge while illawarra are with them , illawarra knocked them back before the joint venture. They dont want to lose the colours and name Illawarra

The sharks will have to merge with the another Sydney club, bulldogs , souths , roosters, eels

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Sharks only have to hold on until the new TV deal.

When the TV money reflects the quality of the game, the NRL will reflect the best-run televised football codes around the world, where nobody goes broke and the vast majority of the money comes from competing broadcasters.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
meh it took QLD 100 years to win the shield, the party was great.

Saints fans are enjoying thier win after such a long drought, and good luck to them.

The party in the Shire will be huge when it happens.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Sharks only have to hold on until the new TV deal.

When the TV money reflects the quality of the game, the NRL will reflect the best-run televised football codes around the world, where nobody goes broke and the vast majority of the money comes from competing broadcasters.

They are losing $2mill a year, if the Leagues club continues to struggle that will be over $3mill. No way in the world any new TV deal is going to increase the NRL grant by $3mill a year. And even if it did all the other clubs would also be getting it and moving further ahead. Reality is Cronulla need an increased income of around $5mill a year. Hard to see where they are going to get that sort of money from.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They might have to drive through St George to get out of the Shire but a short trip to Parramatta will ease the pain.

That's why the NRL is all about us. It's the Eels soap opera - will they win or won't they? At the end of the day it doesn't matter.

Half the supporters go for Parra and the other half don't. The eventual premiers every year is just a subplot.

They are losing $2mill a year, if the Leagues club continues to struggle that will be over $3mill. No way in the world any new TV deal is going to increase the NRL grant by $3mill a year. And even if it did all the other clubs would also be getting it and moving further ahead. Reality is Cronulla need an increased income of around $5mill a year. Hard to see where they are going to get that sort of money from.

They don't need to run the leagues club; they just need to run a football club with the Sharks identity.

snoozer

Bench
the tasman sea sharks.

sounds reasonable.
knowing our luck we'll become the tasmanian sea sharks and end up an afl team.

and thanks loudstrat - the f**king grandfinal is less than 24 hours over and you're already sinking the boot in.

gregstar

Referee
i love local derbies.

i would absolutely hate to be a sharkies fan or any fan when their club is in poo. i love league primarily because of clubs.

but i think we're approaching the stage when the sharks will become part of the dragons.

i'm pretty sure there is room on the socks for a small blue or black band.

now that barrett & covell have retired, the boards should meet.