What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sione Faumuina?

aussies1st

Staff member
Looks like Manly aren't going after him. He would be a decent pickup but we have too many backrowers for mind. But hes a handy utility player with the ability to play centre and 5/8 along with backrow. Would be handy.

thickos

First Grade
I doubt he would come back to Canberra, as much as I rate his utility value. From memory he got a case of homesickness and headed back to Auckland in 01/02 - not sure of the year.

aussies1st

Staff member
He gave up his right to be at home so if he wants to play RL he'll have to get over his home sickness as all the clubs are overseas.

aussies1st

Staff member
We're going after Bickerstaff, forget him Faumuina is the most attacking back rower going around.

Scoddy

Juniors
aussies1st said:
Looks like Manly aren't going after him. He would be a decent pickup but we have too many backrowers for mind. But hes a handy utility player with the ability to play centre and 5/8 along with backrow. Would be handy.

Why not go after Mitchell Sergeant as well then Canberra will have the complete set of half wits ?

Bay56

First Grade
paulquinn49 said:
Yeah just what we need, more backrowers. Are any halves still on the market?

good one quinnster ... as if we need halves

my only concern next season is with our outside backs ... I dont think we have enough depth in that area

Macko8

Juniors
Bay56 said:

my only concern next season is with our outside backs ... I dont think we have enough depth in that area

we have enough depth in the outside backs i reakon, but its whether some of the backs are actually up to other FG backs standards.

So far Best,graham,howell,purtell,goodwin,kelly,irwin,sau,milne and Chalk and frawley if considered as backs in 07.
I know about only 5-6 of the above have played first grade but if that isnt depth i dont know what is, backs tend to improve and get better as the season goes on, just look at purtell and howell this year.There improved out of sight IMO. Expect most of the above to have a crack in FG in 07, cant wait to see croc in action as well as kelly,people have had big wraps on him and young guns goodwin and sau.

Macko8

Juniors
Bay56 said:

but your right we need maybe 2 more i reakon.....just for injuries and lack of form and stuff like that.

Lime_Green

Juniors
Reading the paper today it sounds like he's been quite a lot of trouble for the Warriors, and there have been a string of drinking related incidents.

He's alleged to have been at the last match drunk (on the sideline due to injury) and abused a member of the crowd.

I don't think we need that sort of player here.

Also management announced the other day that they were NOT interested.

BSB Raiderman

Juniors
Brad Tighe is not a happy camper by all reports, he'd be a handy aquisition. Faumuina makes far too many errors for mine.

Latest posts