What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sisa waqa

stormlander

Juniors
fijilive.com

"That comes from being under coach Craig Bellamy, he really did help me, especially on my positioning. Sometimes it's tough to defend on the wing. "That's why we all work hard in training, so in games it comes naturally. When I decide to jam in, that's what I do in training. I make a decision and go for it. "I didn't play rugby league, apart form a bit in juniors, until I got to the Roosters. I am still learning heaps. "At the Roosters no one came up and helped me out, or told me what to do, compared (to) Storm.

Now we know why Sisa Waqa and all the journey men and park footballers improve so much after arriving at the storm. Most of them have the raw talent but are let down by the coaching staff.

stormlander

Juniors
Hard to believe the AWOL story. Melbourne trainers rate Waqa as one of the hardest trainers.

By Kalesi Mele Sisa Waqa is one of the outstanding athletes in the Melbourne Storm side, says trainer Alex Corvo. Corvo told Perth Now that Waqa was genetically blessed in many respects and that he was a powerful athlete who took to the gym like a duck to water. "He's one of our stronger ones and he's a powerful athlete but physically he is a specimen," Corvo said. "We've fine-tuned him a bit and got him stronger in the right areas and he's become a more consistent trainer.” "And he adapted quicker to our work in the gym than anyone I have seen. He was strong before he came along, and he's stronger now and trained to play the football we need him to play,” he said.

Waqa remains relatively anonymous in AFL-mad Melbourne and he spends more time in the public than most. "I don't mind catching public transport, I am used to it," he said this week. "I don't know how the other guys look at it but to me it's normal, and I am just a normal person. "Just because I am playing professional rugby league, I am just doing my job. Sometimes people come in the train and say hello, but only if they follow the game. It doesn't bother me." Waqa said he has had more experience this year than he has when he first started out in 2011, and that has given him more confidence. He added that despite having never played league in his young years, he concedes he is still learning more. "From last year, I missed the prelim (final) but I played in some of the big games and backing that up in to this year I am a little bit more confident," Waqa said. "Experience-wise, too, I've got more compared to the last two years. "That comes from being under coach Craig Bellamy, he really did help me, especially on my positioning. Sometimes it's tough to defend on the wing. "That's why we all work hard in training, so in games it comes naturally. When I decide to jam in, that's what I do in training. I make a decision and go for it. "I didn't play rugby league, apart form a bit in juniors, until I got to the Roosters. I am still learning heaps. "At the Roosters no one came up and helped me out, or told me what to do, compared (to) Storm. "When I came down here I knew I had an opportunity and, if I took it, I could make it work."

Copyright 2013 © Fijilive.com

Latest posts