What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky scanner

Pommy

Coach
Has anyone used this website? I always see good deals on there but have always been a little reluctant to use them. Im currently looking to book a flight from Sydney to Manchester and then back from Tel Aviv, the savings are about $1000 per person which has really got me taking notice at the moment.

Life's Good

Coach
Has anyone used this website? I always see good deals on there but have always been a little reluctant to use them. Im currently looking to book a flight from Sydney to Manchester and then back from Tel Aviv, the savings are about $1000 per person which has really got me taking notice at the moment.
My boss(based in the UK)uses it regularly including booking his annual trip to Australia. He got me interested in using it & I booked a recent trip to Ireland via Singapore with BA. It cost me $3300 for premium economy where the equivalent with Qantas was $6300. The booking was through a broker in Queensland & they were so easy to deal with(emails & phone calls were very reassuring).
I’ll definitely use it for future O/S trips.

soc123_au

Staff member
I've used it plenty of times. You end up going through an agent to finalise payment etc, so you have an actual contact to deal with if things go wrong.

Pommy

Coach
So I’ve booked with them the price is really good and is what I paid back to the UK and abck from Moscow last year so it’s not unreasonable to expect a similar price again I guess.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Skyscanner is fine. In most cases the airline will provide all services even if it is a discounted fare. The only trouble I had was when the airline wouldn't provide web check-in and seat selection because there was an agency involved.

I usually use Skyscanner firstly as a guideline to find the best fare, and then go to the airline website to see if they can match the price. If not, I'll skip back to Skyscanner, use the agency and just keep an eye on it.

And it should go without saying that cheapest is not the best. Getting roped into 30-40 hour trip to Europe thinking it saves a couple hundred dollars cheaper is a false saving.

Pommy

Coach
Skyscanner is fine. In most cases the airline will provide all services even if it is a discounted fare. The only trouble I had was when the airline wouldn't provide web check-in and seat selection because there was an agency involved.

I usually use Skyscanner firstly as a guideline to find the best fare, and then go to the airline website to see if they can match the price. If not, I'll skip back to Skyscanner, use the agency and just keep an eye on it.

And it should go without saying that cheapest is not the best. Getting roped into 30-40 hour trip to Europe thinking it saves a couple hundred dollars cheaper is a false saving.

Yeah normally I do exactly the same but Israel has complicated the issue this time. Most if not all of the Arab airlines won’t go near it and the European airlines all meant flying back to Europe.
26 hours in Doha

Pommy

Coach
26 hours from Israel isn’t ideal but saves me a few grand so I will take it.

*Couldn’t edit the last post

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Yeah I booked my honeymoon via skyscanner and it was legit.

Saved thousands.. Just purchased the tickets through some Irish company but didn't have any issues when it came time to choose seats or board the plane. They were very responsive. I think whichever company you get redirected to has to be, otherwise skyscanner would probably stop referring people to those companies.

Also found the usability of the site good too, very simple

Pommy

Coach
Just sat down and logged in to Qatar’s website with the provided details so got seats together for me and the mrs. We’re actually flying out on seperate days so the flight back wasn’t booked together.
Pretty happy now I’ve seen everything on their site. Will use again I think.

Latest posts