What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky UK dump the NRL??

Jeez, he burned you there Lego .... LOL

What a dork.

Hey Cap'n Clarke, when this personality gets tired, about 192 posts ago, why don't you come up with something interesting?

A flaming homosexual would be up for you...

Captain Clark

Juniors
This is me?
I like Clark and if you don't like it...well it's no big deal to me. I find it funny that you actually get annoyed by it.

I were you I'd just ignore me.

Captain Clark said:
This is me?
I like Clark and if you don't like it...well it's no big deal to me. I find it funny that you actually get annoyed by it.

I were you I'd just ignore me.

You don't annoy anyone, which is a pity because that's what you want to be, an annoyance.

We've had all the experts at that garbage here, you just don't rate. And the only person I've ever put on ignore is Roosterphin, and even he has you covered for originality.

If I have to wade past your crap to find a decent discussion, then you'll have to wade past mine occasionally.

No, go to bed, it's past your bedtime, your Cocoa is getting cold and your pillow is starting without you..

ianrhodes

Juniors
In the early 80s i use to go to the local video shop n get a tape of the aussie rugby league It was a week late but was the best rugby id ever seen

In 1989 i got sky tv as they had aussie rugby league saw the raiders v balmain final 2 days after it had taken place

ive had sky since for the aussie rl
we have ad the state of origin live for the last 10 years
got up early in 1994 to watch the 1st live grand final shown on sky tv
(ad a 6 month old baby at the time so was a good alarm)

watched the super league games live in 1997

get up early saturday n sunday to watch the games n highlights

will b getting rid of sky sports if they take it off

Captain Clark said:
Footy Show is on champ.

Let me guess, for you it's a cerebral experience?

102166510_13b0efc89c_m.jpg

ianrhodes said:
In the early 80s i use to go to the local video shop n get a tape of the aussie rugby league It was a week late but was the best rugby id ever seen

In 1989 i got sky tv as they had aussie rugby league saw the raiders v balmain final 2 days after it had taken place

ive had sky since for the aussie rl
we have ad the state of origin live for the last 10 years
got up early in 1994 to watch the 1st live grand final shown on sky tv
(ad a 6 month old baby at the time so was a good alarm)

watched the super league games live in 1997

get up early saturday n sunday to watch the games n highlights

will b getting rid of sky sports if they take it off

It sounds like they may have underestimated the impact.

Make sure you let them know your feelings on the matter.

He was "trying" to be controversial by calling Soccer Football and saying that it deserves all the attention in Pomgolia.

The problem is that when you're a nong like Pugwash, all you'll ever do is try....

Lowey3

Juniors
What a stupid thread.. ruined by numpty's who persist on calling each other.

I'm a Pom who lives in the UK and can confirm for a fact that it's called 'football' and not 'soccer' FFS.

I'd also like to confirm that the poster who said SKY want to focus on Football 100 % is spot on!!

No doubt they'll play football games of under 8's rather than the NRL coverage - they are an absolute joke and i will be terminating my SKY contract.

The Preacher

First Grade
Captain Clark, it has become obvious to me that you are nothing more than an absolute GOOSE.
Everytime you make a post it contains a load of tripe, designed to do no more than raise anger and controversy. I don't think you really believe 75% of your posts, you just get some sort of inner happiness seeing the result of your garbage on the rest of the forumers. Again, you are an absolute GOOSE !! :evil:

Lowey3

Juniors
The Preacher said:
Captain Clark, it has become obvious to me that you are nothing more than an absolute GOOSE.
Everytime you make a post it contains a load of tripe, designed to do no more than raise anger and controversy. I don't think you really believe 75% of your posts, you just get some sort of inner happiness seeing the result of your garbage on the rest of the forumers. Again, you are an absolute GOOSE !! :evil:

He was stating that football is popular with SKY in the UK and they dont care about Rugby League.

I'm sorry to say but he is spot on!!

Our game receives poor coverage in the UK and SKY fooking love their football.... we have sometimes, 20 live Football games a week plus highlights and repeats, plus football shows talking about the best talking points.... compare that too just 2 live Super League games and it rather takes the Michael.

Lowey3 said:
He was stating that football is popular with SKY in the UK and they dont care about Rugby League.

Our game receives poor coverage in the UK and SKY fooking love their football.... we have sometimes, 20 live Football games a week plus highlights and repeats, plus football shows talking about the best talking points.... compare that too just 2 live Super League games and it rather takes the Michael.

First of all, Captain Clarke isn't someone to whose coat tails you want to grab hold of. He is, and I'll be polite, a barking imbecile.

Secondly, the game is called Soccer by the vast majority in Australia and as this is an Australian Rugby League website, Football is Rugby League to the majority here. Him calling it Football in the NRL section of a Rugby League website is like me calling Rugby League "Football" on the largest EPL website forum.

Thirdly, all you can do regarding the problem with Sky is complain to them as some members here have already done.

If they get enough annoyed people threatening to drop their subscription, they may think twice.

I follow the EPL but it's pretty hard to get excited over a competition when the winner is already known.

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, this is bad news for the game.

For people who don't realise, Sky (pay tv) is the only place you get to see rugby league in the UK, two or three live Superleague games a week (you can't even get replays of the other matches), and the two live NRL games per week. The only games ever on free-to-air are a few matches from the Challenge Cup qualifying and the Final all shown live on BBC.

Anyone in league's second (or third?) biggest market to see the NRL domestic competition will have to rely on the Bigpond video gallery on NRL.com - something they were on the record about want to restrict only to Bigpond (ie Australian) customers, or to charge for, but luckily neither has happened - yet.

So much for developing growth internationally and competing for hearts and minds against the other codes who already have gotten a jump on us! Any move for media toward less coverage is a bad thing, and it's something the RFL here will have to address.

nadera78

Juniors
It is out of order really. During the course of a week Sky currently show 2 ESL games, 2 NRL games (1 edited to lose 10 minutes or so) and a really, really crap midweek magazine show. By next year they will effectively be halving their weekly output, but expecting us to pay the same amount of money. Not an attractive proposition at all.

And it's a stupid move because RL is by far Sky's 2nd biggest rating show, miles ahead of rah-rah, and yet that shower of sh**e gets coverage for the local comp, European Cup, S14, currie cup, internationals, youth internationals and 2 magazine shows.

It's a frigging joke!

Captain Clark

Juniors
Lowey3 said:

Thank-you. Someone understood!

If you really wanna know Antichrist, I travelled down to Canberra for the Tigers game last week cos I love 'em. I've grown up with Rugby League, supporting the 1993 Balmain Tigers to the wooden spoon.

I love Rugby League and I come here posting my thoughts only for you to turn around and just insult me...and you call me immature.

So why don't you put your dummy down and grow up.

The Preacher

First Grade
Captain Clark said:
Thank-you. Someone understood!

If you really wanna know Antichrist, I travelled down to Canberra for the Tigers game last week cos I love 'em. I've grown up with Rugby League, supporting the 1993 Balmain Tigers to the wooden spoon.

I love Rugby League and I come here posting my thoughts only for you to turn around and just insult me...and you call me immature.

So why don't you put your dummy down and grow up.

Naughty Antichrist, crucifiction is too good for you. You've hurt his feelings, now apologise before he wets his new pull-ups. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts