What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

slanging

tdcockers

Juniors
can i just say that i am sick of all the slanging that goes on in this forum, firstly between clubs, but also the personal attacks.

feel free to have a dig at teams before the game, not after. the way people in here are carrying on is just stupid.

like someone said elsewhere, i dont post in the roosters forum. unlike whoever it was, it isnt because i have a flaming huge ego, its because i dont have anything productive to say. i dont like the roosters generally, but that doesnt give me a reason to blast away when they lose. before perhaps, but not after.

there is a brilliant quote, i dont remember who originally said it, off hand, but it goes like 'it is better to remain silent and to look like a fool than to speak and remove all doubt'. if you dont have something worthwhile to say, then dont say anything.

settle down you guys. please.

Matt23

Staff member
Agreed...that stuff should have been left over at the WORL :roll: but then the rooster fans should'nt be baiting, and turning around and complaining that nobody likes them...the roosters have some great supporters but are let down by the ignorant minority...your the reason your team is so disliked.

Matt23 said:
Agreed...that stuff should have been left over at the WORL :roll: but then the rooster fans should'nt be baiting, and turning around and complaining that nobody likes them...the roosters have some great supporters but are let down by the ignorant minority...your the reason your team is so disliked.
I often wonder whether they are genuine fans. I'm sure I'm not the only one to question the person behind the alias.

tdcockers

Juniors
i am a genuine storm supporter, i live on the sunshine coast in qld. the reason i go for the storm is that they joined the competition the same year i started watching rugby league.

ms. storm (if she ever comes back), lord reynoldson or craig can confirm my identity, as best you can behind the wall of a computer screen. thats half the problem with forums - there is no way of picking sincerity, sarcasm, anger and all the other emotions that you get from face to face or even phone conversations.

yes, i do spend far too much time on computers, and more specifically on forums, but i am trying to break the habit.

cheers, tim c

Rudeness and flame wars are what spoil all internet forums, not just league.

You can't get a decent discussion anywhere about anything.

I guess it's a reflection of society in general.

In-goal

Bench
I think the personel attacks are unfortunatley part of sport, Cricket is the main instigator but it's far from being alone. I just don't understand the need to bring on field behavior in here.

You have to be a sook to complain about it and a monumental sook to start a thread about it. Whoever upset you in the first place will be laughing his arse off at this.

If someone takes a potshot at you, either give it back or ignore it.

Taking things personally online doesn't make any sense.