What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slater shoulder charge

Why the hell hasn't Slater been cited for his shoulder charge against Penrith.

Am I the only one who saw this grub do it again?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Should it have been an 8 point try?

So much inconsistency around use of the shoulder which we all predicted would be the case when they changed the nature of the game and brought in the farcical rule change.

I'm embarrased being a Melbourne supporter to see him get away with this sort of stuff that others are abviously pulled up for!

Parra Pride

Referee
Because he is Billy Slater, everyone knows he is a clean skin that wouldn't break the rules. :sarcasm:

no name

Referee
There was at least 2 in the game, the one on Simmonds when scoring and the one on Segeyaro after he dropped it.
The Segeyaro one was worse because he had relaxed due to the whistle being blown.

Can someone explain to me how this grub continually gets away with foul play?
Seems every week he's shoulder charging, kicking or kneeing someone else without any repercussions.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Slater has been given the green light to do just about anything on the field. He was not given so much as a friendly warning after kicking someone in the face when contesting the ball, so this should come as no surprise to anyone.

It's really not his fault given the nrl are determined to turn a blind eye.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
within the past month I happened to watch the Matty Johns bit of idiocy and Minnichello was on & Johns proceeded to play clips of his career which were all highlights of when he kicked out at defenders in his leap to get the ball. Slater is tame compared to what was shown on there, in fact it was nothing. I hadn't seen anything like it before and thought it was a Storm 'invention' like all the rest they are accreddited with. Take your blinkers off and look at all the other grubs out there and you will realise Slater is a pretty mediocre one.

Hutty1986

Immortal
The little turd can do whatever he wants, he seems to have completely free reign to kick blokes in the head, lead with the knees when "trying to stop a try," etc etc. Nearly as grubby as his corpse accountant mate Cameron Smith

typicalfan

Coach
Yep Mini in his prime did the feet out in the air thing and the sliding feet first to prevent a try. He did both a lot more frequently as well

Springs

First Grade
Everingham got 2 weeks for a push on Matt Bowen. Slater gets nothing. Typical hypocritical inconsistent bullshit.

carcharias

Immortal
How about this tigers player who put that shot on beau Ryan last Friday night?
Anything come of that?

Looked ordinary on TV.

yeah & he's the only one doing it and getting away with it....

He's the only one doing it so blatantly, and injuring people, and getting away with it. He's one of the biggest stars in the game, you'd think he'd come under more scrutiny as everybody is paying attention to him.

Everingham got 2 weeks for a challenge not half as bad

Because it wasn't a shoulder charge you imposter you

You still haven't learned what a shoulder charge is? :roll:

Do you also go to McDonalds and complain your hamburger has no ham in it? Go to the supermarket and shout at the staff for putting the tomatoes amongst the vegetables, huh?

afinalsin666

First Grade
It's not a shoulder charge if the charger is under 100kg. We all know that by now, look at Sandow. Everingham is an anomaly.