What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slater's replacement in GF

TIPTOP

Juniors
If he misses the grand final,who's likeliest to take his place ?

Personally i feel inglis should drop to full back and let matt geyer take the pivot duties,that's gotta be a better option than letting a half fit slater have a go at it.
Love the way billy slater plays the game but he can be a game breaker or maker dependent on what kind of mood he's in.

Ice777

Bench
I think that's what they'll do. Of course there's always the option of palying Turner at fullback but when he was put there the other day he made a couple of errors which IMO is pretty uncharacterisic of him in that role. I'd more put that down to one of those days more than anything else.

TIPTOP

Juniors
I'd rather have turner on the wing personally.
Inglis could well be agreat 5/8 in time but at the moment he's no better than matt geyer,in fact the old boy may have a more level head on him if things get tough whereas inglis could just be such a dynamic and destructive force out of full back that he'd give the storm that X factor.

Ice777

Bench
TIPTOP said:
I'd rather have turner on the wing personally.

So would i and if Billy does miss i hope GI does go to fullback. I just gave another option if Bellyache insists on keeping Inglis at 6.

ledzep

Bench
I couldn't believe it last Sunday when Bellamy moved Turner to fullback rather than Inglis
You'd have to think he'd put Inglis there if Slater pulled out

1. Inglis
2. Turner
6. Geyer

is far better than

1. Turner
2. Geyer
6. Inglis

TIPTOP

Juniors
Well at least we're all agreeing on the issue.
Billy slater a damned good fullback and with him around you can move inglis to different positions but i feel if inglis played at fullback for an entire season you could forget your bowen's,brett stewarts and karmichael hunts,he'd have the australian no1 jersey and only a fully fit minichiello would be able to keep up with him.

Garts

Bench
If Slater did drop out and Inglis was moved to fullback I think the Storm will be a better team. I am not saying Slater is no good, far from it however Inglis just offers so much more at fullback imo.

Stormboyz

Juniors
Just saw some vision from today and Slater was adament he'll play, but then again he would say that regardless.
Can guarantee Bellyache won't move GI to fullback. Just seems reluctant to do so.

philstorm

Juniors
If it's true, there's literally no chance that Inglis will move back to Full-Back (as Stormboyz suggested).

He's been training in the halves all year. Why move him for the biggest game of the year?

1. Turner
2. Geyer
3. King
4. Folau
5. Quinn
6. Inglis
7. Cronk

I hear Chris Munce has just arrived back in Aus from HK on a prisoner exchange.

Why not go like for like and throw in another criminal jockey, if face-kicking Slater is unavaillable?

TIPTOP said:
If he misses the grand final,who's likeliest to take his place ?

Personally i feel inglis should drop to full back and let matt geyer take the pivot duties,that's gotta be a better option than letting a half fit slater have a go at it.
Love the way billy slater plays the game but he can be a game breaker or maker dependent on what kind of mood he's in.

good call.

inglis aint a 6 anyway.

AILD

Bench
matt geyer isnt a 5/8 ethier. Sure he played there when we won in 99 but i dont like him at 5/8 at all.

inglis is great no matter where you put him..

Ice777

Bench
KaboobieGarfunkelShazam said:
I hear Chris Munce has just arrived back in Aus from HK on a prisoner exchange.

Why not go like for like and throw in another criminal jockey, if face-kicking Slater is unavaillable?

Bitter bitter man :lol: