What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slightly worried and a bit pi**ed off...

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
Hi, i am going to say my piece now, i have read everyone else having an argument or arguments on this forum, i dont wish to start or cause an argument but i am going to say my piece which some people may not like.

I find the game brilliant, from the videos and screenshots i was very excited at the prospect of playing this game in the middle of october, and have the most of half term to absolutley play the ti7s off it, and ok then it was put back to end of october, still i thought thats not long after half term so a week or so afterwards i could still "play the ti7s off it".

But now i look and wherever i see i see "end of november" cropping up on this message board, peoples e-mails which they have recieved, etc... and i am starting to lose interest in the game to be honest with you, not that this is a problem for anyone else, but it is bad i think that the game can get held and held and held back and us, the people who will be buying this game havent really got a clue when to expect this game, because people are guessing at release dates, etc...

I am just concerned to be honest, i will refer to when rugby 2004 was scheduled for release and it kept getting held back, my honest thoughts were "bloody hell, not again, i bet the people arnt happy with that, but its ok i will be playing my game at the end of this month and thats more or less the words on everyones mouth", and now look what has happened, the same thing has been replicated to this game, and i find it somewhat of a worry.

The other worry for me is that they say "end of november", i just truely 100% hope that they dont turn round and say oh yeh erm lets release it for x-mas more sales, and make us wait another month which would be totally stupid as, i know its been overused, but those words again "7 years" come to ones mind.

I just wish someone could come on here and give us a date which is SET IN STONE and that wont be delayed (again i may add) a couple of weeks before the game is supposed to be hitting our consoles !

Sorry if i have pi**ed people off but this is how i and a few others i have talked to, feel.

Thanks

Gaz.

Mario

Juniors
The precise reason why we haven't given a release date is because we can't give you something "set in stone".

There are too many external parties involved at this point with processes outside of the control of Sidhe and HES for a date that is 100% correct (or for that matter even close).

Everything is being done to release the game as soon as possible. HES and Sidhe are not holding the game back just for the hell of it.

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
You say that Mario and i sympathise (spelling?) with you because i bet its getting on your nerves with people sort of directing the anger at you and Sidhe through the forums and i believe you when you say you dont have a date set in stone but what are these official letters that have so called been sent to distributors? According to many sources they have recieved letters giving end of November as the release date.OTOH,you say that the game is not delayed as of yet and you have no idea when it will hit shelves.Fair enough,but surely the letters and the end of November date didnt come from nowhere? Are they bogus letters?

Can you just put us straight on those matters? If you think it is going to be delayed then just say so.People are getting frustrated because they dont know wether or not to get their hopes up for October or November.

The more you are quiet on the subject and refuse to comment on a round-a-bout date then the more i think theres a chance we may not get it until December or even next year.It makes me think your not even totally confident of a November release.

BTW,im not having a go at you or Sidhe.I think you especially deserve a medal for the amount of time you have spent answering our questions on the forums.We all appreciate it mate and i hope when the game does come out you are repaid big time for all the hard work you have obviously put in.

TripleM

Juniors
Wigan Warrior said:
You say that Mario and i sympathise (spelling?) with you because i bet its getting on your nerves with people sort of directing the anger at you and Sidhe through the forums and i believe you when you say you dont have a date set in stone but what are these official letters that have so called been sent to distributors? According to many sources they have recieved letters giving end of November as the release date.OTOH,you say that the game is not delayed as of yet and you have no idea when it will hit shelves.Fair enough,but surely the letters and the end of November date didnt come from nowhere? Are they bogus letters?

Can you just put us straight on those matters? If you think it is going to be delayed then just say so.People are getting frustrated because they dont know wether or not to get their hopes up for October or November.

The more you are quiet on the subject and refuse to comment on a round-a-bout date then the more i think theres a chance we may not get it until December or even next year.It makes me think your not even totally confident of a November release.

BTW,im not having a go at you or Sidhe.I think you especially deserve a medal for the amount of time you have spent answering our questions on the forums.We all appreciate it mate and i hope when the game does come out you are repaid big time for all the hard work you have obviously put in.

Hear hear.
Apparently the letters have been sent from HES. Maybe we should ask them.. in any case, I for one would prefer to know that it has been delayed rather than think theres a possibility of it coming out soon and being a bit disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Priddo

Juniors
Mario, perhaps you could tell us when it went "gold" so that we'd have atleast a rough idea even if it is very rough atleast we'd know if there is a chance of mid - late oct.

Moffo

Referee
He cant tell us because its out of his control

I dont know why that is such a hard thing to comprehend

Cheers,
Moffo

TripleM

Juniors
Actually, he should know when it went gold - thats basically when they finished the game and it first went out of their hands :) Ie basically when that whole process Mario was talking about started.

knowsleyroader

Juniors
For one the letters are unconfirmed by ANYONE official so for me its best to ignore them completely.

The people who are going to listen to game stores etc are going to be played like a fiddle all the way to release.

If Mario has said its out of their hands then that means its gone for testing right ?

Okay so Sony / Microsoft could phone HES tomorow and say " Right were done " then again they could call up in 3 weeks time and say " Right were done ".

Sony / Microsoft arnt just sat there waiting to evaluate RL. For all we know especially with it coming up to christmas, Sony / Microsoft could be up to their arse in games and RL may just have to get in the que.

FFS you know Mario has been straight up from the begining so why doesnt anyone believe him now when he says he doesnt know a release date ?

Cant we just use this time before release to discuss aspects of the game and how cool its gonna be as opposed to bitching at Mario etc ?

Come on guys cheer up in X amount of time you wont need to watch TV, or do any other pastimes cos everyone will only have time for this game. This is a Rugby League Revolution and its only moments away. Days mean nothing, 2003 is the year and thats all that matters :D

mikeyboy

Juniors
I think this frustration is down to 2 things.

Firstly over exposure. We've been coming on to this and other forums every day for months know(I've already tried to stay away), we know all the ins and outs of the game without having even played it, so any delay will cause frustration because we need to get our hands on it ASAP.

Secondly, not having a release date so close to release isn't the norm in these situations. Lots of games often have release dates months and months in advance and it is difficult for consumers like ourselves to comprehend why there is so much trouble defining one for this game?

Mario

Juniors
mikeyboy said:
Secondly, not having a release date so close to release isn't the norm in these situations. Lots of games often have release dates months and months in advance and it is difficult for consumers like ourselves to comprehend why there is so much trouble defining one for this game?

It is however normal for an announced release date to slip.

If even the largest publishers in the world, with well tuned production pipelines, can't specify an accurate release date, how do you expect HES to?

If we announce a date, I want it to be the definitive one. Otherwise, I may as well make one up off the top of my head.

Simo

First Grade
Mario said:
mikeyboy said:

It is however normal for an announced release date to slip.

If even the largest publishers in the world, with well tuned production pipelines, can't specify an accurate release date, how do you expect HES to?

If we announce a date, I want it to be the definitive one. Otherwise, I may as well make one up off the top of my head.

Mario ive pre-ordered but am going away next monday for nearly 3 weeks. Please feel free to do everything in your power to delay the game till i get back :D :D :D

Im sure everyone on here wont mind waiting for me, because we are all such a patient bunch :D

***MH***

Bench
patience guys... good things come to those that wait. our saviour will be triumphunt. jews waited 700 years for jesus, im sure you ppl can wait at least 6 weeks.

Simo

First Grade
Mighty Heighty said:
patience guys... good things come to those that wait. our saviour will be triumphunt. jews waited 700 years for jesus, im sure you ppl can wait at least 6 weeks.

Arent the Jews still waiting for their Messiah??

shirkhan

Juniors
Mighty Heighty said:
good one mate im with you

Razor

Coach
Sony & MS will only be holding up the PS2 & XBox releases. Since they take a while the PC version should be released first.

***MH***

Bench
Simo said:
Mighty Heighty said:

some jews choose not to believe in the jesus story... yeah, they still waiting the poor bastards. i wonder when god puts out the release date for that event!

Forum Idiot

Bench
Mighty Heighty said:
Simo said:
Mighty Heighty said:

some jews choose not to believe in the jesus story... yeah, they still waiting the poor bastards. i wonder when god puts out the release date for that event!
it was slated for an october release but it has been pushed back to november 3045

Latest posts