What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slim Dusty has died.

Anonymous

Juniors
Just letting the slim dusty fans here know that he has just died today.

Not that i am a fan or anything, i just heard the breaking news on sky and i wanted the scoop on the forum :lol:

Terminator

First Grade
Slim Dusty, the legend, I'll be havin a toast for him tonight, he was everything that was good and real about Australia.

Encurly

Juniors
Ashes to ashes, Dusty to dust....

Seriously, one of the great Australian icons. The country won't be the same without him.

Jedda

Juniors
By the sounds of it, you've had more than enough!

It's pretty sad that the old guys are all going. I didn't even know Slim was Australian.

CH - just admit it, you've got a couple of his albums tucked away in your music collection somewhere - might be time to dust them off and give them a play for old-times sake!

antonius

Coach
Sad to Hear, Slim Dusty was an Australian Legend, when you think of Australia you think Koalas, Kangaroos, Don Bradman, Fosters, and right up there with them is Slim Dusty, a truely great and humble Australian. RIP Slim. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

knightsgal85

Juniors
Slim Dusty was an Australian icon & legend. His contribution to this country through his music was just incredible & he'll be greatly missed. :cry:

Doctor

Bench
Hmmm, unexpected and sad news.

I have no worries with not being a country fan - I didn't like his songs, but that didn't stop him from pumping them out for many many years.

He seemed like a nice gentleman, who sang songs because he liked singing - good on him I say, he epitomised stoicism in music.

I'm sure he reached a milestone recently - 100 albums or something? That just adds to his legend.

His music will live on in the hearts of those who cherished his simple yet no-less valuable music - I'm sure there will be many fans of Australian music who will be impacted by the loss.

I look forward to hearing about the 'Slim Dusty Award' for services to Country Music - if he doesn't already have that honour, he will now.

As an Australian who liked Australians - I quietly mark his passing with some sadness, and also some celebration - celebration that is of a man who just kept playing his music -

The music will keep playing Slim, as we look forward to future generations influenced by his music, and we look back at his career and life- Looking forward, looking back

~bedsy~

First Grade
I'm said to hear about him dying from Cancer..... but I lived in Tamworth.... TAMWORTH!
I hated the place in January :lol:
There will most certainly be a memorial for him in January.

bronnie34

Juniors
Very Sad news indeed, he was the ultimate gentleman of country music he will be greatly missed. My pop a huge slim fan is a very sad man today.

Rest in peace slim.

~bedsy~

First Grade
bronnie34 said:
he was the ultimate gentleman of country music
He was a pig.... he was ssoo rude to people in Tamworth... I used to work at Grace Bros and he would perform in there sometimes and he was so rude to us and the fans... except he sucked up to the managers.

bronnie34

Juniors
bedsy said:
bronnie34 said:
He was a pig.... he was ssoo rude to people in Tamworth... I used to work at Grace Bros and he would perform in there sometimes and he was so rude to us and the fans... except he sucked up to the managers.

Really? I'm just going off what my Pop has told us. He met Slim years ago and said he was the nicest bloke, talked to him for ages at a pub one day.

~bedsy~

First Grade
bronnie34 said:
bedsy said:
bronnie34 said:

Really? I'm just going off what my Pop has told us. He met Slim years ago and said he was the nicest bloke, talked to him for ages at a pub one day.
He might have been heaps nice to your pop... but not us... my dad even had to do buisness with him and was a complete arsehole to my dad.

Anonymous

Juniors
knightsgal85 said:
Slim Dusty was an Australian icon & legend. His contribution to this country through his music was just incredible & he'll be greatly missed. :cry:

NOT WANTING to sound disrespectful... Sure he had ONE FAMOUS Song Pub With No Beer and he designed a rocking recliner chair.. He had 74 or whatever good years... why so said... Its not like he contributed to charities etc - not that I am aware of so he want that big a HERO....

Anonymous

Juniors
bedsy said:
bronnie34 said:
bedsy said:
bronnie34 said:

He might have been heaps nice to your pop... but not us... my dad even had to do buisness with him and was a complete arsehole to my dad.
YEAH POPS DO tend to be GOOD STORY TELLERS>.. He probably saw him drive past when your Pop was pissed in the PUB... so it sounds like a better story if he reckons he had a beer with him and he was a good bloke.. I am with Bedsy.. he was an A Hole...

Terminator

First Grade
He was'nt an A-hole, thats way too harsh considering how many real A holes are around these days.