What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sloan

matPORTS

Juniors
The dropping Sloan ship has sailed. It was attempted back against the Panthers, then he was recalled a week later and then had a 'blinder' against the competition front runners.

Other than Lomax, taking him out now would leave us with next to no pace in our back five.

As I've said before, it's a critical off season coming up for the guy. With Val Holmes (and possibly Gutherson) on the way to the club, he will be under real pressure to keep his spot. Equally, I've yet to see any real indication from Flanno and the rest of the support staff that they are fully prepared to walk away from him yet.

Biggest concern for him will be copping any sort of injury in these last few games. He was delayed getting back to training last year having to recover his ankle, and will not want that again. He's gotta be ready to rip and tear come 1st November.

TheRev

Coach
We had that 1 panthers game with Matt Feagai (for 20mins) followed by Lomax for 60, and fullback was only 1 small part of our problems that day, but it was pretty clear it wasnt working.. defensively safe yes.. but way too easy to read in attack.. especially combined with 2 fairly robotic halves.. Flanno addressed it in the post-match, you need 'something' to worry the opposition so the other guys can get an opportunity.. words to that effect.

Sloan is it for this year, lets just hope he can play near his best.

2025 is a whole different deal.. id be shocked if Allan was quick enough with all his injuries, but Val I would say is a really big shot of taking the fullback jersey in Round 1.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
We had that 1 panthers game with Matt Feagai (for 20mins) followed by Lomax for 60, and fullback was only 1 small part of our problems that day, but it was pretty clear it wasnt working.. defensively safe yes.. but way too easy to read in attack.. especially combined with 2 fairly robotic halves.. Flanno addressed it in the post-match, you need 'something' to worry the opposition so the other guys can get an opportunity.. words to that effect.

Sloan is it for this year, lets just hope he can play near his best.

2025 is a whole different deal.. id be shocked if Allan was quick enough with all his injuries, but Val I would say is a really big shot of taking the fullback jersey in Round 1.
Val to fullback will be interesting, he hasn't played there in years so will be interesting to see if he still has it.
What that would do is almost guarantee a Feagai will be a starting centre next season

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
Sloan made two front-on tackles on the weekend that he probably wouldn't have made only a couple of months ago. He dropped a bomb while leaping - which happens to even the best of fullbacks.

The only one I blame him for was not properly contesting the bomb that led to the Kennedy try. But that was either laziness or being too conservative: both coachable failings.

I didn't think he was nearly as bad as has been made out. Still holding out hope that he's trending in the right direction.

Latest posts