What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

slump

Red Bear

Referee
I'm currently in a terrible form slump to start the season, with not much going right at the moment. Have got 3 ducks from 3 innings (altho one of them was a diamond duck) and my bowling has been average. Especially with the bowling im spraying too many wide, which is partly to do with not etting my left arm up and through properly, altho everytime i do this in a agme situation it doesnt seem to work:(. Anyone got any tips to get out of a form slump?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
GoTheBears said:
I'm currently in a terrible form slump to start the season, with not much going right at the moment. Have got 3 ducks from 3 innings (altho one of them was a diamond duck) and my bowling has been average. Especially with the bowling im spraying too many wide, which is partly to do with not etting my left arm up and through properly, altho everytime i do this in a agme situation it doesnt seem to work:(. Anyone got any tips to get out of a form slump?
no idea mate, but you could ask wayne bennett :D

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
To bowl accuretly, it requires rhythm. The way to get rhythm is by bowling a lot of overs in the nets and games. Another thing to look at is whether you are a front on or side on bowler and to bowl accordingly. Bowlers that blend the two are proan to injury and lack consistency. Also by trying to bowl to first can also result in spraying them.

As far as batting goes, the best way to play well is to play one ball at a time and not let negetive thoughts enter your head.

JJ

Immortal
I agree with the above on the bowling - I find the way bowlers bowl in the nets very annoying. It is about rhythm - practice as you intend to play

with the batting, I'd say keep it simple, play in the V and get the feet moving

At least these are the things I tell my son, and he's had a better start to the season than you! :)

Red Bear

Referee
cheers
lol, i got 30* in a trial, albeit against f**k off bowling, which was the one match i got on the piss the night before. The rest of the games i've score 1 run and none of them in grade lol. Maybe there is a lesson there...

icewind

Juniors
keep in mind your expending that 5% extra effort in a match, which is likely where you'll be letting yourself down bowling technically as opposed to the nets. it may help you to bowl a little within yourself until you feel you're getting your rhythm back. You may also have a follow through problem from the sounds. so, it may serve you well to exaggerate your follow through a bit.

Red Bear

Referee
icewind said:
keep in mind your expending that 5% extra effort in a match, which is likely where you'll be letting yourself down bowling technically as opposed to the nets. it may help you to bowl a little within yourself until you feel you're getting your rhythm back. You may also have a follow through problem from the sounds. so, it may serve you well to exaggerate your follow through a bit.
i started holding the ball in order to stop the swing i was getting, i was getting far to much. i startd bowling well for the first time in my last spell last week, then got dropped for this match:( so yeah, pretty sh*t.

Stiffi

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
I'm currently in a terrible form slump to start the season, with not much going right at the moment. Have got 3 ducks from 3 innings

HA HA, 3 Ducks from 3 innings - We call that making the Emergency Phone Call 000 :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
pretty hard without seeing your action,

if something has changed since last year, you need to work out what you are doing different