What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH 29.11.05 Thompson Has Chance To Lead From Front

coolumsharkie

Referee
With the loss of Nutley and the retirement of his front-row partner Jason Stevens, Raper said Thompson would slot into a leadership role in the Sharks' pack with fellow recruits Ben Ross and Darren Mapp

Leadership role?

Inferno

Coach
well he does have 200 games experience as a front rower. Which other forwards have that? Of course he should take a leadership role.

koslecki

Juniors
what friggin rock have you been living under? Lance Thomscum is NOT a front rower. most of those 200 games have been with 11 or 12 on his back! good luck with him trying to LEAD young players.............just ask justin poore about his leadership style!

sharknows

Bench
Whether it be front row or 2nd row he certainly has a wealth of experience. Stuart Raper is obviously trying to get him in the best possible mindset for the coming season. Let's look forward not backwards. If he doesn't work out so be it, but I am sure the club will be doing all that is possible to ensure he does.

Nuffs

Bench
Inferno said:
well he does have 200 games experience as a front rower. Which other forwards have that? Of course he should take a leadership role.

i agree! he should take a leadership role...in Premier League

he's not even good in QLD cup

Nuffs

Bench
and to explain my previous post, i must have deleted a couple of sentences

the second line - "he's not even good in QLD cup" - was in regards to darren mapp being mentioned as a leader of our forward pack. he can play flegg for all i care as every QLD cup game i saw this year he was woeful

and i'm not a hater of thompson, and certainly not a lover, but i think if he performs well in trials then he may deserve his spot in first grade. i just don't want another guy added to the "must play" list. we've already got 14 or so of them

Inferno

Coach
koslecki said:
what friggin rock have you been living under? Lance Thomscum is NOT a front rower. most of those 200 games have been with 11 or 12 on his back! good luck with him trying to LEAD young players.............just ask justin poore about his leadership style!

sorry my mistake, I did mean as a forward, not front rower.

But as for the Justin Poore incident, its all he said, she said stuff.

But I wouldn't have minded it this year if he was with us and sent sms's to our pussy forwards trying to fire them up.

sharkadelic

Juniors
Inferno said:
sorry my mistake, I did mean as a forward, not front rower.

But as for the Justin Poore incident, its all he said, she said stuff.

But I wouldn't have minded it this year if he was with us and sent sms's to our pussy forwards trying to fire them up.

I can so imagine that.

"Hey Bailey. You play like a big blouse ever again, and I am gonna whup seven shades of Sh*t outta you next time I am at Northies. Love Lance"

Latest posts